Erza shivered at that, taking a glance at the cards Remy handed her... only to see she was telling the truth as one king rested in her hand. (Y/N) noticed her expression, and decided to do something about it as he gained his signature smirk which was directed at Remy.

(Y/N): Come on now... you're scaring Beautiful over there... at least take me seriously if you're gonna be doing something like that, ok?

Remy: Aww... I think she's rather cute when looking unnerved, what're you gonna do? Make sure I don't do it again? Remember who has your friends in their hands, Princey...

Erza went wide-eyed at that, looking over at (Y/N), pleading with her eyes to no longer provoke her. But, (Y/N) huffed, looking away with what seemed to be his cocky grin.

(Y/N): Yeah, but not for long... I'm easily gonna get Athena now, don't you worry.

Remy frowned, annoyed that he was somehow able to keep his cockiness on display despite the dangerous situation... but, Erza could see it better. She saw how (Y/N)'s face had turned from a cocky smirk to a contemplating look, a look that almost showed how he was feeling fear from this woman.

Erza: 'Even though he's afraid of her... he still carries on, showing a brave and cocky face even when he knows how risky this game is, he really is a mage of Fairy Tail after all: fighting for his friends even if he knows he might never see them again if he loses.'

Remy: Either way... time for the next round, Beautiful Erza, please shuffle the deck before giving us the cards... I don't want the same cards as last time if it's possible.

(Y/N): They'll be at the bottom, dummy.

Remy: I don't care... shuffle the cards, Erza, please.

Erza looked towards (Y/N) for confirmation, he sighed with a chuckle afterwards, nonchalantly waving her concern off and giving the sign to go ahead. Erza nods, shuffling the cards in her hands quickly so that the game could be over and done with.

Both received their five cards and (Y/N) quickly looked over his cards, trying to ignore the massive smile that came from Remy as she picked up her only remaining chip.

Remy: Oh dear... seems like I'm gonna have to go all in...

(Y/N): Alright, I'll just win this and be on my way with all my friends.

Remy: Oh trust me... it's not your day...

He ignored that, asking for two cards from Erza in exchange of the two he just disposed of, (Y/N) shuffled the cards in his hands slightly whereas Remy kept the massive smirk on her face, not even bothering to get rid of any cards.

Remy: We ready for a showdown? Or... are you going to all in as well?

(Y/N): Even if I wanted to, I can't, you don't exactly have the chips necessary to keep up with an all in from me.

Remy: Hmph, got me there... still, it would be so exciting if you suddenly did it, you know? Using all your chips on this one bet, how confident are you? How willing are you to throw your life away for these 'friends'? Hmm?

(Y/N): Man, and here I thought I was the only one who talked a lot when confident, you must have a really good hand to be basically begging me to go all in. I'm not playing your game, Remy, I'm playing fair like I always do.

Remy: Your magic ability says otherwise...

(Y/N): Not my fault I was blessed with an awesome power, I mean, no one else could've inherited it considering no one's as awesome as yours truly!

Remy: Whatever... let's throwdown!

(Y/N): With pleasure! I got this one, easy!

They simultaneously threw down their hands, revealing their high ranks to each other, Erza went wide-eyed whereas (Y/N)'s face turned from smile to a confused frown... his hand held four kings... however, Remy had four aces making her the automatic winner of this round.