Chapter 13

(3rd Person)

(Y/N): Beautiful, go ahead and deal us the cards...

Erza nodded slowly, gulping down any nervousness she could've felt at that moment before swiping the cards to them until they both reached a maximum of five cards each, Remy grinned, sliding the cards into her hand and then staring at them still with a grin on her face.

Remy: You know... I would personally like to keep the Prince of Fiore in my collection, however, the King rules over all and thus his orders are absolute, I need to take you back as soon as I've won here.

(Y/N): And who says you'll win?

Remy: Tut tut, now's not the time to be your usual self Princey, unlike the others... you can't win against me. Now... pick up your cards and let's see what we're betting... I'll put in Lucy's soul first...

(Y/N): Heh... always knew you had a thing or Athena, ok... then Erza's soul will be put forward first.

Erza: What?

Remy: Hmmm... I would've prefered yours first...

(Y/N): No way, I can't trust that once you get a chip that you'll steal my life before the game finishes.

Remy: Oh... I'm hurt Princey... I would never be so petty...

(Y/N): Even if you say that... I can't trust you.

Erza: 'He's so serious... and I don't blame him, not even (Y/N) could stay cocky in the face of such a powerful ability. If she wanted, she could reach over and steal his life right now... we can count ourselves lucky that she's allowing us a chance through this card game'.

Remy: Oh Erza, Beautiful, would you mind dealing me three cards? I would love to discard these three...

Erza nodded, keeping her eyes away from Remy's own purple ones since she now knew the effect it would have on her. She dealt the three cards and then took Remy's discarded ones. She then turns to (Y/N) who is staring at his cards with no cocky grin anywhere to be found on his face... then he takes two cards from his hand, handing them to Erza who exchanges them for two more.

Remy: So... want to raise the stakes? Are you confident enough to go all in?

(Y/N): Maybe I am... maybe I just want to psych you out...

Remy: Revealing your plan so easily? Have you already admitted defeat?

(Y/N): Not by a long shot...

Remy: Well, in that case...

Suddenly, Remy flips her cards over, a massive grin on her face.

Remy: Showdown!

Remy's cards had... the two of diamonds, three kings, a queen of clubs and a 5 of spades. She chuckled, reaching out for the chips... until (Y/N) huffed, throwing his cards down... to show he had three aces, two queens and a 6 of hearts.

Erza: That's... three of a kind from Remy... however... with three aces and two queens, that means he managed to get a full house and is, therefore, the winner of this round!

(Y/N): Heh... guess even my luck is awesome, huh?

Remy chuckled as she pushed the chips over to (Y/N), what unnerved Erza was even though Remy only had one chip left now, she still had a massive grin on her face.

Remy: Beginner's luck? Or perhaps I was being generous? Cause after all... the cards I just got rid of, added with the two kings I got... would've made four kings... four of a kind, a rank higher than a full house...