"Good morning, son." "Good morning, dear." They say in unison with the warmest smiles ever.

"Good morning. " I return the smile and sit down to eat.

"So, do you like it in here?" Uncle Vishant asks.

"Yes, very much."

"Feel comfortable, you're part of this family now."

"Yes, honey and don't you hesitate to ask if you need anything. You're not here just as a guest. You have no idea how happy we are to have you." Aunt Anita says, her smile showing all the shades of excitement.

"Thank you, Auntie. How is Samir doing?" I ask.

"Well, as far as I hear from my former colleagues, he's been doing good." Uncle Vishant speaks as his eyes crinkle with pride.

"Okay," I clear my throat and continue "I hope you get to speak with him. "

"Yes! He calls, whenever he gets the opportunity." His wife says, a small but sad smile appearing on her face. "I don't know how he's managing out there but it was his dream, you see, to become a Navy Officer like his father. Oh, we miss him so much. But at least you're here to fill his absence." She adds, generosity reflecting in her bright face.

Uncle Vishant and Aunt Anita are the coolest grownups I've ever seen. They are happy, like always. They've always been nice to me, even though they know what kind of history I hold. They welcomed a person like me as a family, which proves their kindness.

I remember them visiting our place a few times when Uncle wasn't retired from his Navy service. Their son, Samir held that same aura of cheerfulness like his parents, he is hopefully a good person.

It might be hard for him, staying so far away from his family and who knows that feeling better than me?

At least he's doing something that makes his family proud, unlike me.

We finish the rest of the meal in a comfortable silence.

After that, I go back to my room and because I don't have much to do, I play a movie on my laptop.

I open my eyes when I hear a light knock on the door and realize that I fell asleep somewhere between the movie.

There's a knock again.

"Yes?"

"Honey, lunch is ready. Do you want to join us or do you want to have it here itself?" Aunt Anita asks.

"No, I'm coming down."

"Okay."

As always, I have an urge to smoke after having my lunch. So, I head up to the balcony and look at my right side to find no one.

I lit up my cigarette and while I smoke, my eyes fall constantly in the direction of the nearby balcony.

Still, no one.

So, with an odd disappointment, I return back to my room.

Because the school is starting the next day and I need to buy a few stuff I leave for the marketplace.

Bearing the trait as a normal person from Darjeeling, I'm dying for a cup of tea. But being a stranger in this place, I have no idea where to find it.

Thankfully, I get an opportunity to use Google maps. There is indeed a few benefits of being born in the modern era afterall.

So, following the direction my phone provided, I walk around the centre of the town trying to locate the Cafe Coffee Day.

As I see it from a distance, I realise that I just cross passed an ATM, so I decided to get some cash first. But when I turn around to head towards it, I almost, almost bump into someone.

The balcony girl, with her eyes wider and looking much prettier than earlier. She is a bit shorter than me, which weirdly felt perfect.

My lips automatically curl up but just when I'm about to speak, she leaves, with her friend, whom I didn't notice earlier. My eyes still follow her because she looks amazing and her yellow sundress is working as an advantage to enhance her svelte frame.

She enters CCD. What are the odds?

Coincidence or not but the way we are running into each other is quite strange and it also makes me feel a bit funny.

I withdraw the cash from the ATM and head to CCD where I see her sitting right in front of the counter.

I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, but I unintentionally hear her complimenting me in the most bizarre manner when my only intention is to walk innocently towards the counter to give my order.

I should've just kept my mouth shut and walked on instead of butting in for no reason. Because as soon as my words fell off, I saw her having a panic attack. It was clear that she was embarrassed and I was stupid enough to make her feel worse.

I don't know what to do now, so I leave and realize that it's getting even more awkward.

So much for wanting a cup of caffeine.

I'm hundred percent sure that in her eyes, I'm now only a snoopy moron instead of an attractive guy she thought I was. But for me, she's still the most interesting character I've ever laid my eyes on.

The day goes by and so does the night but the glimpses of that face doesn't fade a bit.

****

I wake up early, as I've already been nemesis with sleep, due to all the medicinal side effects I'm dealing with.

The first thing that creeps on my mind is still the girl. So, I walk straight to the balcony to see if she comes by.

And, she's there.

Her presence has a strange effect on me, which makes my lips curl up automatically.

I know it's creepy to be staring at someone as good as a stranger but there's something weirdly fascinating about her--something pulling me towards her--something I can't describe over words because it's something I don't understand either.

No, I can't say I'm in love with her, that would be too much. I might've just been attracted but the way she always runs away from me--only fuels up my curiosity about her.

After an hour of seeing her run away again, I get ready for school. I take some pills to keep me sane for the day, have breakfast and head out.

I see her again, out on the street, with her friend. She's kicking pebbles on the pavement which reminds me of my younger self and luckily one of the pebbles hit my shoes.

"I'm so sorry. " She looks at me and because the rays of the sun are reflected directly on her, I noticed that her eyes were not black but the darker shades of brown corresponding her long hair which is tied up into a high pony.

"It's okay." I grin.

And I swear my heart skipped a beat when the depressions formed on her cheeks as her lips curled up into a smile.

____________________________________

So, what do you think?

A/N: Hey guys, I'm very sorry for updating so late. Will try to work on that next time.

You see, in our culture, it's a rude gesture to address the elders by their names. So, I won't mention them every time but will provide whenever it's necessary. As every story requires originality, I'm trying to respect the tradition within. I hope you'll be able to immerse into it.

And don't forget to vote and comment. ♡♡♡♡

Happy reading.

Thank you♡♡