Bravery (Gray Fullbuster)

Start from the beginning

~~~

The prisoners were now locked away in the basement of the hideout and you were on patrol in the back alleys. Word got around that mages were coming to save them.

Magic users were always a problem to your group, but luckily, you knew some magic yourself.

It wasn't impressive, but it was enough to protect yourself.

While walking around, it was pretty quiet as always. Locals were locked away in their homes and then there were the homeless sitting on the sides of the street having some hope in getting money to find shelter.

Hope was a lie in this town. You grew up to know that very well. In this place, you had to be fierce and not trust a single soul even if you were apart of a group.

Friendship was another lie.

Friends never stuck around and always stabbed you in the back. Everyone just wanted to protect themselves and that's just how it's always been.

“Ice Make: Prison!”

Within seconds, an ice-like prison had surrounded you!

You turned around seeing four mages standing on the other side behind you.

“Let me out of here!”

“I don't think so. If we do that, you might just alert the others that we're here.” spoke the woman with red hair.

She was right, but they wouldn't come help her. They'd probably leave her behind and take the hostages.

The mage who had created your prison was shirtless and said, “Let's get going. Someone might have heard something.”

Just like that, the four of them took off leaving you to rot in your prison.

Well, that's what they thought.

Your magic was heat. You couldn't make fire or anything, but you could make things melt like iron or the ice prison you were in now.

Placing your hands on the ice, heat radiated from your hands and melted the ice, creating an exit.