Made of Love (Rogue Cheney)

((A/N: Requested by @koginae-Syu. Hope you enjoy!))

Rogue took another hit from you as endless tears fell from your cheeks. This was his punishment for what he had done. He had lost a precious friend that caused him to lose control, but what he had done was unforgivable. What he had done to you was something he knew he could never fix.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE HIM A CHANCE, ROGUE!"

Another attack pierced his skin as he fell back. Part of him wanted to fight back, but his love for you was too strong. Even if he tried hitting you, nothing seemed to hit. You were always a better mage than he could ever be.

This wasn't what he wanted to begin with, but the darkness within him grew too strong that it was the only answer he could see. You were even there, giving him advice to not take this route after the tragic event that started all of this. He ignored your advice and now the two of you were here, fighting until either one of you would die.

"HE WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND!"

Sting was your brother. Not biologically, but the two of you were raised together as children. You didn't become a dragon slayer like your brother, but became something stronger than that. One would say that you were a god slayer, but not even that could title over you. When he finally met you and Sting, friendship blossomed into love over the years you had known each other. He never said it or confessed his feelings, but the two of you were well aware of the mutual feeling. Sting would even point it out, practically begging for you both to make it official.

Rogue was going to make it official, but when he was about to...

"I took away your happy ending...saying sorry won't fix any of this, but I can fix everything by changing the past!"

"Change the past? You think that's going to ease my pain now?! NOTHING CAN FIX WHAT I AM FEELING NOW, ROGUE!"

Blood dripped from his chest as your attack hit him deeply. Rogue fell to his knees before looking at you. Anger and grief was all he could see. There was no happiness or love within your eyes. He put you in this state. How could he fix this? Going into the past now wasn't ideal, not when you were suffering like this. As he started to catch his breath, he noticed how you were sweating.

All the energy you were exerting towards him was taking a toll on your body. The more you would attack, the less energy you would have to keep going. Then, he would be able to attack. Rogue slowly got up, but couldn't look you in the eye anymore. What he would do was something he didn't want to do, but this whole situation was what he asked for the moment he made that decision to take Sting's life.

~~~

"Rogue? Hey, you alright?"

Lifeless eyes gazed over his way as Rogue staggered over.

"I know Frosch is gone, but you still have me and ____ by your side. We're here for you."

"Here for me? Where were you both when Frosch needed us!? Neither of you were there! Frosch would still be here if you were there!"

~~~

The memory was still clear as day. Rogue had snapped and murdered his best friend and his lover's brother. There was no mercy to be given then and Rogue didn't deserve mercy now.

"You killed my brother...your best friend! My brother was innocent!"

Sting was innocent. His intentions were pure to the core. He changed the guild when he became master and always kept everyone happy with his stupidity. Sting was smart, but it was his innocence that kept him from making the rational decisions. You never tried to correct your brother. In fact, you let him make his own decisions and deal with his actions if they were bad.