I feel my nails digging into my palm as my fist clench.

Izzy takes a breath and holds up her hands.

"I'm done Nick. I'm not doing this back and forth with you. When you get your shit together then give me a call. But until then have a nice life prick"

She stomps away in her heels before I can respond. I lean against my car and run my hands down my face.

What was happening to me?

I never turned down a girl.

Especially Izzy.

I lay my head back against the top of my car and close my eyes. This was so not how I planned for tonight to go.

My eyes shoot open when I hear heels clomping in the distance accompanied by sobs.

"Hazel!" I hear someone shout from the direction of the heels.

Before I knew what was happening my feet were moving in the direction of the voices. I quicken my pace until I'm sprinting towards them.

If that was my Hazel I wasn't going to let her cry. She didn't deserve to cry. She was to beautiful and to pure for that.

I finally get to the gardens and I slow down to a walk. My breathing is rapid and my heart is beating out of my chest. I don't think I've ever run that far before since high school.

I zig zag through the trees and flowers, and push my way through buses and shrubs. Until I finally reach her.

But I was to late.

She was wrapped in Jordyn's arms, sobbing.

He was rubbing her back soothingly and had his chin rested on top of her head as he whispered something to her.

I needed to leave before he saw me. I had no business being here with her. She was my PA and nothing more.

I turn on my heel and begin the walk back to my car when a voice stops me.

"Nick?"

I wince before slowly turning around and facing Jordyn.

I hesitate before walking towards them.

"Is she ok?" I ask in nearly a whisper.

Jordyn shakes his head as he rubs her back.

"Hazel What happened?" I ask her

She sniffles and keeps her back to me as she wipes her eyes.

Jordyn raises an eyebrow at me before quickly turning his attention back to Hazel.

I shove my hands in my pockets to prevent myself from reaching out and touching her.

She finally turns and faces me.

Her eyes are swollen and bright red, her cheeks are red and stained with tears.

I felt my heart lurch as she wiped her eyes again, causing her makeup to smear.

She sniffs before answering me in a quiet, shaky voice.

"I just- my sister told me something. That's all. It's not big deal"

She sucks at lying.

"What really happened?"

Her face hardens and she crosses her arms.

"I really don't think it's any of your business Nick."

"It is my business because I need to make sure things are all right when we return to work Monday." I say in a sarcastic tone.

Hazel rolls her eyes before she answers me again.

"Actually it's not your business because you are not my boss anymore."

"Wait Hazel I don't think-" Jordyn says but she interrupts him.

"No. He had one thing to do tonight. One. I was responsible for everything else and he went and effed that up. I'm sick of picking up your slack and doing your shit for you." She says with venom in her voice.

"Wait I-"

She cuts me off and continues with her rant.

"You just don't care Nick. You're all about you. You don't think about how your decisions effect those around you. And I can't work for someone like that. So I quit. I'll email my resignation letter to you first thing Monday morning."

I stand stunned.

That's the second time tonight someone told me I was selfish.

Maybe I was.

Maybe I deserved what was coming to me.

Maybe I deserve to be unhappy.

I haven't done a single thing right in my entire life.

I watch as Hazel walks away.

When she's out of sight Jordyn looks at me.

"Don't give me that look" I tell me

"I don't know what you expected Nick. You asked for this when you left with Isabelle. Why the hell would you do that?"

"I-I don't know"

"I think you do know. You just don't want to admit it."

I glance up at my best friend and see the judgment behind his eyes.

"Listen I feel like I should tell you that Mr. Johnson is selling your idea to the highest bidder. He pulled out Nick. He's done with you."

I don't respond and Jordyn just shrugs.

"I have to take her home. I'll see you later man"

With that Jordyn walks away with allowing me to respond.

Everything was falling apart and it was all my fault. I went from having everything, to losing it all.

And now I didn't know what I was going to do.