"Marcus, that is the sweetest thing." I stop talking because the emotions are really getting to me. Every time I think he can't be more perfect, he says or does something to prove otherwise.

He blushes, his face turning a light shade of pink.

We pull up to the house, and like every other time, he helps me out of the car even though he really doesn't have to.

But that's just another thing I love about him. The little things he's consistently done for me throughout our time together that make me feel special.

"Can' wait to see what you have planned," I tease him, and he squeezes my nose, making me let out a yelp of surprise. I rub my nose and pout from behind him while simultaneously sticking my tongue out at him without him looking.

I'm so mature.

"Well I first want to have some cake, then you'll see what I have planned," he says, leading me through the doorway to the kitchen. The cake is still in the center of the island, covered by the tin cover I have put over it.

"Time for the reveal." He rubs his hands together and sits down at one of the stools in front of me.

I put my hand on the handle and prepare to take it off. "Happy," I take the lid off to unveil my masterpiece. "Birthday!"

"Holy shit Manda this looks amazing!" His eyes shine brightly as he looks over the cake with awe on his face, making me feel like I'm glowing with pride.

It's not too big, a two tier cake with orange frosting, his football and baseball number at the top with Happy Birthday Marcus around the sides. The writing took me forever, and I cried while piping the letters out, but I make it through.

"I hope it tastes as good as you're anticipating it to be," I say, suddenly self conscious. He's already had my baking, and he appears happy with the design, but now I'm dying inside, praying that it tastes good for him.

Marcus leans across the island and kisses my hand. "I'm sure it's great. Now let's get a knife I'm ready for this!"

I turn around and open the knife drawer and the one next to it to pick the serving utensils. While I'm at it I reach up in the cabinets for two plates, and this is always the time I'm eerily reminded how strange it is I'm so well acquainted with their home.

"How big?" I ask, making marks in the icing to show him how large or how small the slice would be.

"That's good," he stops me when I place my knife far enough. I gently slice through the cake and serve it up to him before serving a small piece for myself.

He shoves a forkful into his mouth and moans in delight. He nods his head before going for another bite on the plate. Within a minute the whole slice is gone and he looks up with a satisfied smile.

"That was amazing. Honestly I don't know how you do it," he says. I blush, feeling awkward at accepting the compliment while there's food in my mouth. I can't say thank you because I have cake in my mouth and I can't nod because that'll seem rude.

I quickly swallow the piece in my mouth and say a quick thank you before going to swallow again to get the rest down.

He waits patiently for another few minutes before my plate is empty before whisking the dishes away and leading me to his bedroom.

"You ready for my plans?" he asks.

"I'm shaking in my boots," I joke, fake trembling to further my point.

"Haha," his dry laugh has me giggling.

"Soo..." I initiate the next sentence.

He smiles and leads me to the bathroom. I gasp at the scene in front of me. Flowers on the surfaces, the jacuzzi roaring with life and the only light is the soft dim and small candles surrounding the tub.

"You like?" he asks, rubbing my shoulders. I nod with a smile.

"I'm not going in there naked though, am I?" I ask. He laughs, but shakes his head.

"Not a chance," he holds out a small bag for me.

"What is this?" I open the bag and there's a swimsuit, towel and extra necessities for me.

"I asked Emma to put together a small bag for you," he answers, and I let out a quiet sigh of relief. I would have died of embarrassment if he had gone through my underwear drawers.

"I'll leave you in here to change, just knock on the door when it's alright to come in." With that he leaves the room and I instantly begin changing the second the door shuts. I have a smile plastered to my face the entire time. This is so cute, although I wonder when he drew the bath.

I knock twice on the door to let him know to come in. The door swings open, then closed again as he walks in looking glorious.

"Ready to get in?"

I don't even answer as I plop myself right into the water, letting the jets do its magic on my body. I let out a pleasured moan as the stream of water hits just the right spot on my back.

"How do you ever leave your bathroom?" I ask. He lets out a hearty laugh, throwing his head back.

"It's pretty hard. I usually have to limit myself to one bath a week or else I'd become addicted."

"I already am, and I've only been in here for two minutes," I reply.

"Come cuddle me," he whines, holding his arms out above the water.

"But the tubs massaging me."

"I'll massage you, come over here," he argues and I slosh over to sit on his lap. As promised his hands are on my back, his fingers digging into the muscles lining my spine perfectly.

I moan again into his shoulder and give him a scalp and neck massage of my own.

We sit in silence, relaxing, peaceful and totally romantic silence as we massage and occasionally kiss one another. It's like our own little world, and it is one I never want to leave.

*******************

"I have to get going, my parents are expecting me home at some point tonight," I say when I look over realizing it's almost 12:30 and we're still in the jacuzzi. "They're not very fond of the idea of me sleeping over."

"Alright," he lifts me up out of the water and places me on the mat in front of the tub. I grab a towel from the cubby to dry off before shooing him out to change into the sweats from the bag.

Right outside the door before I leave Marcus leans down and gives me a kiss filled with so much tenderness and love. His hands are cupping my face, pulling my lips closer to his.

He separates, bringing his face directly in front of mine.

"I love you so much, Amanda," he says fiercely, like he's vowing the statement to me.

My heart is suddenly thundering in my chest. This is it, the perfect time, now or never.

"I love you too, Marcus," I reply with a quiet, but steady voice.

He doesn't say anything but he gathers me in his arms and kisses me again in a more passionate embrace than before. My hands curl into his hair and I let my nails scratch his neck.

"God Amanda, please stay a little longer," he pleads with me.

I shake my head and back away, giggling. "I have to go home," I argue, but he pulls me back towards him.

"No you don't, I'll take the blame, I'll tell your parents I forced you to stay over if you want, just please stay with me."

I kiss him slowly and lightly, letting my lips linger a little afterwards.

"Goodnight Marcus. I love you." I quickly turn and run to my car. Just before I close the door I hear Marcus shout back at me that he loves me more.