"Do you think he'll like this?" I ask Charlie. I look at myself in the mirror, fussing with my hair and rethinking my choice in outfit for the fifth time. I turn to look at the back of my head to make sure there isn't anything crazy going on back there.

"I know we're just hanging out... I shouldn't even care what I look like, I mean I didn't, but now..." I groan in frustration and Charlie whimpers from the bed at the noise.

"You've got it so easy, bud. The hardest question you have to answer is where you decide to poop in the yard," I tease him.

He pants happily at my attention, having no idea what I'm saying, but listening intently none the less.

I look back in the mirror. I smooth my shirt out once again and pick the remaning dog hair off my leggings before grabbing my keys from the rack. Charlie follows me out of the room and down the stairs until I reach the door. He sits near the doorway and watches me leave.

"Bye Charlie," I coo before closing the door.

I get in my car and open the garage. When the door lifts all the way up I'm surprised to see another car in the driveway. I'm even more surprised to see Jon's car in the driveway.

I warily get out of my car and meet him halfway down my driveway. I feel so awkward, so out of place. What is he doing here? I already got the mix, he emailed me yesterday.

"What are you doing here?" I ask when we're close enough to speak.

He scratches the back of his neck and sighs. "I need help with Sofia," he says, and I'm floored. Never in all these years has he ever come to me for advice. This is really new.

"What do you need help with?" I ask. I'm not sure if I still like him or not, but since he helped me with the music I'll give him this.

He moves uncomfortably, fidgeting in his stance. He looks up at the sky and lets out a deep breath like he's thinking of backing out at any second.

"Well I don't really need help, I just have a question, really," he blabs. I nod on for him to contine.

"Does she think I'm cheating on her?" he asks and I'm once again surprised at what he's spewing out of his mouth today.

"Um, no. I mean, she hasn't mentioned anything like that," I tell him. "She's mentioned not liking you hanging out with other girls alone for classes. She doesn't think you're cheating, but I think she's afraid you will."

He looks down at the ground thoughtfully. A few moments pass and he looks back up at me.

"What do I do to prove my loyalty?" he finally says. He says it quietly, vunerably, and I can't help but feel bad for him now. I hope he's not fucking with me, because right now I'm on his side instead of Sofia's. I know she told me about the extra help he was getting from Molly, but I wonder what else she accuses him of.

"I don't know, really," I say with a shrug, "I'm not judging anymore, but if you really did screw her over back in sophomore year then you're going to have to talk about that with her. I don't know if she's still thinking back to that time, you have to prove you've changed from that stage. You have to prove to her, reassure her, that you won't be loving anyone else at the same time you're loving her," I tell him.

I know it's not the best answer, but it's the best I can do. Sofia spends half her time ranting and half her time protecting him, that I don't get half the story from her. The rest of the story I get from other people, people outside their relationship and have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

He nods his head and runs his hand through his dark hair. "Do you think she'll ever forgive me for that?" he asks, confirming what I didn't want to be confirmed. He really did screw around behind her back. Honestly if I were her I don't think cheating is grounds for forgiveness, but with Sofia, she's forgiven his ass for so many other things.

"I'm sure she will. She's with you now, isn't she?"

"Yeah but she's constantly wanting to track my ass," he groans and I shake my head at him.

"And whose fault is that?" I question. "If you didn't cheat she wouldn't have these trust issues with her, and for the past four years you guys have been so hot and cold it's probably stressing her out hearing what you do when you two weren't together before getting back together again. You have to make her feel more than just someone to fill your time with. Make her feel special," I sigh and continue.

"She told me you said you loved her. That's a step in the right direction, but you have to mean it. Don't say it anymore if you don't mean it," I tell him seriously.

He looks me in the eye sadly, "I do. I don't think I did these past few years for real, but I do now," he whispers.

"Then tell her that, often. Every time you see her, every time you speak to her. I know it's hard to live with these accusations, but I have to be the one to tell you you're the one to blame."

"Thanks Amanda. I know you don't like me because of all of this, but thank you," he says.

"You're welcome. Just don't fuck up and do something to break her heart again."

He nods and walks back to his car. Starting the engine he backs up into the street and drives away.