"Yeah, yeah" he says unconvincingly. I'd better try and direct him anyway. He answered like my dad did when he didn't want to admit he needed help, and then has us lost in the middle of nowhere on the freeway forever.

"I'll let you know if you're going in the right direction."

******************************

"I told you I knew where I was going" he tells me proudly. I open the door and get out of the car as quickly as I can. I knew boys like to drive risky, but dear Lord I don't think I've ever been more nervous driving in a car with someone. I now understand why my mom is constantly so tense when my dad drives us.

"Yeah, but next time maybe don't go pushing more than fifteen over" I grumble, steadying myself in the ground.

"Sorry" he says bashfully, a shameful look comes across his face making me feel like shit.

I walk over and kiss his cheek. "Don't be. I'm just being dramatic."

"On edge?" he asks.

I nod. If only he knew how right he is. I don't know how worried I look on the outside, but I am having a major freak out on the inside.

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried, too, but if you're worried for me, don't be. I can handle my own." He leans down and presses a tender kiss to my lips, as if willing me to calm down. It works, and all throughts of what was going on today momentarily vanished from my mind. I moved my mouth against his, letting him take the lead and take control of the kiss.

He pulls back and I follow back just enough for him to see my reaction. He smiles teasingly, and my face goes hot from embarrassment.

"Ready?" he asks, grabbing my hand, but then retracting it from his grasp. I smile a little and wrap his hand around mine again.

"Yeah, they're already all here. You know, because they actually knew where they were going?" I tease and he shakes his head.

"Shut up" he laughs. He kisses my head and takes me inside. A giddy and nervous feeling goes through me. I certainly won't let my family dictate who I date, but it would make it a hell of a lot easier to be with him if they approve.

We enter my grandparent's house, everyone in the house already waiting for us.

"Oh you must be Marcus! I'm Amanda's grandmother, it's so nice to finally meet you!" she greets him with so much enthusiasm I almost thought it was fake.

"I am, it's nice to finally meet you as well" he replies politely. I look up at him when he speaks, and I see there isn't a trace of nervousness in his face. Either he isn't anxious, he's really good at acting, or I need to start reading him better if he needs to be saved from her.

Grandma leads us into the house, gesturing for him to follow her close. "I hope you like fajitas, I spent all afternoon making them" she explains and proceeds to talk his ear off.

"Thank you, I love mexican food." He smiles charmingly at her and she smiles back. I'm pretty sure my grandma already liked Marcus before she'd even met him, but she is surely loving him now. He really knew how to charm older ladies.

"This is Amanda's grandpa. Will, this is Amanda's boyfriend, Marcus" she tells him, even though he already knows exactly who he is. He doesn't contradict her though, one rarely challenges grandma.

"Good to meet you, Marcus" he says, putting out his large hand to shake. My grandpa's very big on respect, especially from the men in the family, I know he's testing Marcus now, and will be harder to win over than grandma.

"You too. Thank you for having me over tonight" he shakes my grandpa's hand firmly, standing stiffer, but just as polite as he was with grandma.

"Of course, we all wanted to meet you! Amanda's pretty quiet, so we figure to invite you over" my grandma butts in with the uncensored explaination.

Marcus laughs a little and puts his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his side. Just as the atmosphere was calming down, a loud thud came from the hallway leading to the living room.

"Adam, what have I told you about jumping on the couch?" I hear Aunt Lily scold her son from the other room.

I begin walking towards the room to say hello to my favorite cousins. My only cousins, but my favorites anyway.

They see me and are running towards me before I say anything to them. "Manda!" the squeal together. I hug the two together and squeeze them tight.

"Manda look!" Adam yells, baring his teeth together, showing off his missing tooth.

"Oh my goodness, when did it fall out?" I ask enthusiastically. When he has only one buck tooth grown in he's going to look ridiculous, but for now he's adorable.

"Two weeks ago! The tooth fairy left me five dollars!" he says excitedly. Ivan next to him doesn't look as happy.

"What about you, Ivan, any wiggly teeth?" I ask. He pouts and shakes his head.

"Not even a little. I check every morning, but all my teeth are still stuck to me!" He frowns and crosses his arms across his chest cutely.

"Whose he?" Ivan asks, pointing behind me. Marcus, I had almost forgotten he followed me in here.

I stand up next to him. "This is my friend, Marcus" I tell them and their eyes shine brightly. When Christopher came over they weren't here, so meeting another guy they can play with is the most exciting thing.

"Does he have all his grown up teeth?" Adam asks me and the two of us barely stifle our laughs.

"I do. All my baby teeth have been lost" he tells them and they look mesmerized by his pearly whites.

"Boys, come to dinner now" my uncle comes in to retreive his children and bring their squirming bodies to the table. He scoops them both up in his arms and carries then like sacks of potatoes. The boys squeal and laugh at their dad, and that's when his attention turned to Marcus.

"Hi Marcus. I'd shake your hand, but my hands are a little full at the minute" he says with an awkward smile.

"No problem" Marcus answers, giving him a small wave instead. My uncle leaves the room and Marus puts his arm around me again, pulling me into his side.

"You're right, they are cute" he comments and I soften under him. Good God teenage boys aren't supposed to think little kids are cute.

"You'll think that until you see them playing with their food" I tease looking up at him. I lead him towards the dining room to be with the rest of my family.

"I think I'll think they're crazier, but that won't make them less adorable."

I raise my eyebrow and smirk, "We'll see."