Chapter Five

Three weeks later

"Laur, can you get her?" Camila asks tiredly as they lay in bed.

It was going on three in the morning and Emily had woken up once again.

Lauren rolled out of bed tiredly and rubbed her eyes. She made her way over to Emily.

The little girl was squirming in her crib as she cried.

"Shh." Lauren reaches her hand into the crib and very gently rubbed her daughter's chest.

Light green eyes instantly focus on her as the baby releases a softer cry.

"Shh, you're okay." Lauren continued to gently rub her daughter's chest.

After a few minutes the baby relaxes and her eyes flutter closed.

Lauren watched the baby until she was sure she was fast asleep before going back to bed.

Camila immediately curls into Lauren's side.

"I think she just had a nightmare." Lauren said.

Nodding her head, Camila relaxes against Lauren
tiredly.

Lauren yawned and closed her eyes.

Later the next morning

Camila releases a soft sigh as she begins to wake up. "Do we have to get up?" She asks tiredly.

"Yes." Lauren rolled out of bed and onto her feet. "Our daughter requires our attention."

Sitting up, Camila rubs at her eyes. "We go back to school soon."

Lauren sighed heavily. "I don't know if I want to."

"Mami was talking about setting up an online schooling type thing for me." The younger girl responds.

"Online schooling?" Lauren asked.

Camila nods her head and runs a hand through her hair. "That way I can stay home with Emily but also I'll have an easier work schedule."

"Oh." Lauren looked down at her hands.

"What's wrong?" Camila asks in confusion.

Lauren shook her head. "Nothing."

Frowning, Camila moves even closer. "Talk to me."

Lauren sighed. "You said at the beginning of this that you were only having Emily because I wanted a child. Now that's changed, hasn't it?"

Shifting, Camila gets up and stretches. "What do you mean?"

"You want to keep Emily." Lauren said quietly.

Camila releases a soft sigh. "Yes, but I want to keep her with you."

"With me?" Lauren asked.

Nodding her head, Camila moves over to her bag. "I want to move in here and raise Emily with you."

"What would that mean for us?" Lauren asked.

"What do you want it to mean?" The younger girl asks, just as Emily begins to softly cry in her crib.

Lauren shrugged. "I don't know."

Camila frowns and moves over to the crib, lifting the baby into her arms.

Lauren watched Camila quietly.

Emily was softly crying, turning her head toward Camila's chest.

Camila rocked the little girl gently.