"That fucking bitch has left something inside of him! Ooooo! I could scream. Benton, I really could!..." Clark suddenly composed herself, hands neatly folded in front of her. Benton just stared at Clark a second....Clark for a split second had gone white, dark....Horridly frightful looking.     He readied himself, Clark and him were about to discuss something of the afterlife.

"Tea! We need good strong cups of the brew. I will make us a pot. Come, Benton. We have a challenge ahead!.." Clark swiftly moved towards the kitchen. Benton followed.

~|~

"You may recall Macy. She was a good worker, never had any trouble with her. Took to the work here....Kept her head down. To be truthful, I remember the girl - But, she wasn't remember-worthy. Which is sad to admit to..." Clark took a sip of her tea. "She passed quickly, she caught a cold that turned out to be more. We kept her away from the other girls. I couldn't have everyone becoming sick. Briar offered some remedies, but....She didn't have a strong body for sickness. We had witches passing through....I didn't care for them. They had funny ways. They knew Briar, so I left it at that..."

"They bought this Macy girl back, didn't they?.." Benton had feeling to where this might lead.

"....Yes. And something else came too. I remember, I was so angry. How could Briar let it happen. But, it did. I was alive back then.....A very different person to who I am now. Briar offered no reason to her actions, or to what she'd allowed. She just simply told me Macy was useful now, her funny friends wouldn't be returning. Ever again..." Clark went silent. "My place was never to question. She had saved us. Briar was a wicked witch, but she favoured her owned. Macy had every right to be safe. But....I now believe Macy was offered to save the rest of us. Briar also told me she had her reasons, but never judge her. Briar had dark vile connections..."    Clark paused a minute.

"She had a hard upbringing. We all did.    She was a little like Trinity....Too powerful, fell in with evil.   I understand strange upbringings. Benton....You know why (Benton gave her an innocent look, but then nodded. He did) my Ma was a fairy, had her wings removed.   My Ma did the best she could....I was beaten many times..."     Clark looked at the floor (Face went dark) her head suddenly snapped up, she stared at Benton.

Benton quickly put Clark back to their conversation..."Do you think, Briar's remedies did something to the girl?.."        Benton took a sip of his own tea.

Clark relaxed..."Possibly. I don't believe Briar ever meant harm to any of us.  Those were the hard days.     Now....What was learned from Macy!    The afterlife should never be taken lightly.     Macy should have pass through the natural order. She did not.     She was bought back, evil found an open door - It came through.     Briar gave Macy to her friends, Briar wanted nothing to do with those witches....She made sure, Macy kept them real busy!..."

Benton's eyes went wide. There was a method to the actions. A reason.

"Do you think, she knew what had happened?.." Benton had a thoughtful look.

"She possibly did. But, back to the topic. Ethan is to do a job. But, what job?    What is he after?     He's like Macy, but there's more to this. Macy's situation was simple. Ethan's is more under-handed, he has more to give. I'm suspecting, a worm is in his system.    I can't fix that.   But, I can keep him safe. Look after him....He will fight this.   He craves her.    Only she, Trinity can release him.    Do you think, we should beat Trinity a little?     No?..."      Clark took a long sip of her tea.    Benton was shaking his head.    A beating was not a good idea.