8: Carlisle

Carlisle swung his legs happily after hearing the good news from his advisor.
He can file for a restraining order before he moves and by the time it's fully executed he will have moved into his new house.

The happiness he assumed would never come, was knocking at his door.

He waved at the pair of siblings on the walkway, being lead to the bridge by their mother.
They licked their ice creams he'd bought them, feeling he could help those around him when they need it.
Even if it's just frozen treats.

It made him feel better while helping him think less of his home life.
Even if he still had to come up with a solid plan of what to do with the money once he leaves.

No matter what he chose he would be away from his father once and for all.
No more morning wake up calls with him screaming at the top of his lungs.
No more beer cans and bottles being left everywhere.
No more late night abuse masquerading as "talks".

His lower half twitched from the thought.
It made him sick to his stomach.
The sooner he left the better.

Once he returned home, he saw Marvin partially exposed and resting on the sofa, his muscular body starting to become out of shape, once being mistaken for his older brother by some elderly market ladies.

Carlisle tip toed to his room.
Bag of brochures from housing units and apartments.
If his father found this, there would be a problem, but he had nowhere else to go to hide these.

"That you boy?" his father's words more slurred than before.
The laugh track on the television seemed to be synced with this moment.

Carlisle gave a simple grunt of confirmation and dashed cautiously into his bedroom.

He needed to move fast.