I shake my head, tears building up in my eyes. "That's the most inspiring thing you've ever said." I try to lighten the mood, hiding my face so he doesn't see I'm about to cry.

But, he ignores the comment. "Ally."

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I tell him.

"Ally..."

"I said don't worry." I finally look at him, staring him in the eyes.

"Ally, you're all I worry about." He says, giving me a small smile.

I smile back, shaking my head. "I'm fine." I repeat. "K?"

Daryl hesitates, taking a deep breath. "K..."

~~~
(Rick POV)

"Did you talk to her?" I ask, desperate for answers.

Daryl swings his crossbow over his shoulder, barely looking at me. "Yeah... She doesn't want to talk about it."

I bite my lip, knowing she'd be like this. "What exactly did she say?"

"That she's fine." He answers, looking away.

I sigh, thinking out loud. "I'll talk to her."

"I don't think that's gonna work, Rick. Plus, If you ask, she'll be on to us."

That's true. He does know his daughter well... So I nod. "Yeah... You're right. I'll have Carl talk to her later."

Daryl nods, and begins to walk away.

"You okay?" I ask him, making him stop and turn around.

He looks back at Ally, and then at me. "If that were Carl... would you be?"

I don't answer, clenching my jaw. He nods, knowing the answer, and walks away. And this time I let him. I think Daryl's been through a lot these past few weeks. First Beth, and now Ally. I don't think he'd be still alive if it weren't for Ally...

And I'm thankful for both of them.

~~~
(Carl POV)

Today Ally stood up. Maggie and I helped her up and she walked(with my help) to the tree five feet away and back. It made her happy, which made me happy.

Dad told me we had to get out of here, and fast. As soon as Ally is all good, we're up and on the go.
We're running out supplies so fast it's almost scary.

"Ally...?"

"Oh god, please don't."

I raise my eyebrows, already confused. "What?"

"Whenever someone says my name like that, they either have bad news, or want something from me." She responds, a smile on her face, even though it's true.

"I... uh..." I try not to smile, looking away.

"What's up, Carl?" She asks, staring at me now that she knows I want something.

"I have to talk to you about something really important." I say seriously.

"Okay... What about?" She's serious too now.

"And you have to cooperate." I say. "Because I'm worried about you, and I'm trying to help you."

And she already knows exactly what I'm talking about. I can tell by the expression on her face. "Carl, I..."

"Please," I beg, my voice cracking. "I just want you to be okay, and I want to know what happened so I can help you. I want to help you."

She takes a deep breath, and I can already see she's shaking. "I know Daryl talked to you... but whatever." Ally sighs. "It... It was just horrible..." She whispers. "And I wasn't even there for that long. But it felt like forever. Like years." I can barely hear her. Her eyes are watering and she can't bring herself to make eye contact with me. I try to take her hand, but she flinches. "Sorry..."