Walking, Walking, Walking... Car!

"My mom was cool. She had pink hair and a dragon on her arm."

"Like a tattoo?"

"Yeah, that's what they're called."

We're about five feet behind Carl and Michonne who are walking on the edges of the railroad, and Rick is a good teen feet in front of them, walking along.

"My mom was cool, too." I reply. Hunter was telling me all sorts of stories about this family.

"Did she have pink hair too?"

I shake my head, giggling. "No. She had blond hair."

"Ohhhh... my dad had blond hair."

"Did you have any siblings?" I ask, jumping to raise my bag further up on my shoulders.

Hunter shakes head, looking down at the train tracks as he walked. "It was just me. My parents weren't married yet when I was born."

"Ohh, okay." I respond, a little surprised he even knew that.

"Did you have any more siblings?" He asks me. He obviously already knows about Jamie.

I nod. "I had a little brother and an older sister."

Hunter nods. "What were they like?"

But before I could answer his question, Carl and Michonne call us over by them to play a game of who-can-walk-the-furthest-on-the-edge-of-the-train-track-without-falling-off.

Carl did end up winning the long on-going game we had. It was after that, we came across a sign. It was old and dusty, the words SANCTUARY FOR ALL COMMUNITY FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARRIVE SURVIVE written across it.

I looked at Carl, raising my eyebrows. He shrugged, looking back at the sign, because under it was a map of the all routes you could take to get there.

Michonne looked at Rick and smirked, for which Rick smiles back. Carl looks at me and I look at him and we're both really confused.
Hunter then tugs on the hem of my shirt. I look down at him, breaking Carl's gaze. "What's that sign say, Ally?"

"It says there is a place we can go to survive. So that's where we're going." Rick answers for me.

Hunter raises his eyebrows, looking away from Rick to me. "Really?"

I look up at Rick, Michonne and Carl, also questioning it, but they didn't seem to be. "If anyone survived... that's where they would have gone." Michonne tells me.

I hesitate, but nod anyways because this is isn't up to me. So, I look back down at Hunter who is watching me closely. I nod my head, running my hand through his thick hair. "Yes, really."

~~~

I watch Hunter hop along the road, behind Michonne and Rick who were walking side by side and in front of Carl and I, who were also walking side by side. I can't believe Hunt has so much energy, considering we've been walking all day. I was in deep thought when Carl slowly wrapped his slightly larger hand around mine.

I looked at him, smirking. He was already smiling, watching me closely. "You okay?" He asks, quiet just enough for only me to hear.

I nod, squeezing his hand. "Just thinking."

He nods in understandment. "I try not to think too hard these days." He jokes.

I smiled at him, rolling my eyes. "Dork."

"Right back at ya, Dorkus." And he kisses my cheek.

We walked until night. We found a broken, beaten down car and decided to take shelter there. Rick and Michonne decided to start a fire, but figured the three of us(Carl, Hunter, and I) needed some sleep, so we got in the car.

Me in the driver's seat, Carl in the passengers and Hunter in the back. I made sure Hunter was asleep before getting comfortable in my own seat of the car. Carl watches me closely and I notice it when I finally sit back.

"What?" I grin, raising my eyebrows.

He shakes his head, grinning back, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Nothing."

"In these cases I would usually say some sort of sarcastic remark like... 'take a picture, it would last longer' but you don't have a camera and/or phone so it doesn't really make sense."

Carl shakes his head at me. "Oh my god."

I smile, kneeling up to kiss Carl on the cheek, but he was too quick, and saw me coming. He turned his head so we were face to face and connected our lips.

I laugh before deepening the kiss. But, before anything got too heated, this time Carl broke it off. "Come on, let's sleep. It might be our only chance to get at least four hours of sleep for a long time."

I nodded in agreement. "You're only right."

So, Carl laid back in his seat and I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I snuggled up to his side. He kissed the top of my head and closed his eyes. "Goodnight, Ally."

"Goodnight, Carl."