Lost One, Gained One

(Ally POV)

"Where are we going?" I ask, hopping in the truck, Carl at my side and Hunter on the other.

"To get Beth." Tara grins, closing the car door.
The drive was quiet and no one really said much. Hunter was catching up on some sleep as his head was in my lap, napping. Carl held my hand the whole entire time, never letting go.

I think he's still shaken up by the stunt I pulled with those walkers the other day. I was trying to find the best way out of the situation and as I was thinking and not paying attention, the walkers were already surrounding me. So, that's where plan B came in. Just fight them all till their dead. Wasn't the most full proof plan, but it was the only one left.

I was in a particular good mood because I was finally going to see my one of my best friends, whom I thought was dead. Sure, I got a lot of my family back over the past few weeks, but it seemed like Beth was the only one that was missing.

Our sweet, kind, innocent Beth.

We needed her around.

We were sad and lost without her.

"We need to talk. I miss talking to you." Carl whispers in my ear when we're about halfway there.

I look up at him and nod, smiling as I rest my head on his shoulder.

When we got there, only the few select went inside. The building was huge and looked abandoned, except for the cars parked out front. They did a good job hiding, I can assume.

"Ally." I turned my head to see Glenn and Maggie standing by a mother fucking fire truck a few feet away.

Last time I saw them, they left for Washington, and I was devastated to see them go. Though they kept telling me we would meet with them when we found Beth, but I wasn't too sure of anything.

Them just being there fills my heart with uncontainable joy. So, me being me, I ran up to them and captured them both in a long overdue hug that lasted longer than it should have. "You really missed us that much?" Glenn asks, seeing the small tears form in my eyes.

"No." I shake my head, smiling, wiping my happy tears.

I look back at Maggie who has also begun to happy cry and Glenn just grunts. "You too? Oh please, stop before you get me going."

I laugh before finding my way back over to Carl. I told Hunter to stay behind in the car, just incase if anything went wrong.

Carl wrapped his hand around mine and we all walked around the area, our guns upright, ready to shoot at whatever.

I think my dad has grown very fond of Beth when they were alone. But then again, how could you not? This is Beth, we're talking about. But, this is also Daryl, we're talking about. Either way... something was bound to happen.

And just as I'm in deep thought, Rick comes out of the blinding, and we're all watching. He's followed by Sasha, then Carol and Tyreese, and then Daryl carrying what seems to be... Beth.

And then everything seems to be going in slow motion.

Daryl. He's crying. Tears stream down his face like a waterfall as he falls to his knees. Beth is in his arms and blood rushes down her neck and head.

She's dead.

My heart stops and my breath is shaky, along with my body. I hadn't noticed when my legs gave out and I fell to my knees. I didn't notice when Carl tried to catch me, his arms wrapped around me. I didn't notice him clinging onto me, crying into my shoulder.

All I could I see was my friend... No, my sister.

Dead.

And when everything sunk into my mind, that Beth wasn't breathing, everything picked up speed again. Maggie dropped her gun, sobbing, as she dropped to the floor. Glenn was down by her side in seconds.

Daryl was sobbing, shaking his head. "I'm sorry." He choked out. "I'm sorry."

I grabbed onto Carl, squeezing his arms that were holding onto me so tightly. I watch the scene play out before us in horror: Maggie sobbing, staring down at her younger, blond headed sister.

We're never going to be the same without her.

I close my eyes not wanting to watch any longer. "Come on, Carl, Ally. Let's go." Rick whispers, kneeling down in front of us, clutching onto each other.

I open my eyes and see a blurry Rick. The tears made my vision blurry, but I could still make out his face. I nodded, looking up at Carl who was staring at his father. He looked down at me with his tear stained face and nodded too. We both stood up and Rick lead us to the van we came here in, covering the scene of Beth with his body so we didn't watch any more of it.

~~~

Hunter was the only one in the van that wasn't crying. He held my hand, giving me tissues, and trying to be as supportive as he could, which for a seven year old is unbelievable.

When we made it back to the church, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie made their way inside of the church as fast as they could, Daryl holding Beth's body with a white sheet over it, and Maggie sobbing into Glenn.

Everyone else waited outside by our vehicles, saying nothing. And just as I look up, watching the others get out of the fire truck, I see what I never thought I would ever see again.

At first I thought my brain was just playing a trick on me. But he stepped out of the large red truck and looked straight at me, straight into my eyes.

My jaw dropped and my heart stopped. "Rory?!"

"Noah?!"

And we did that cheesy thing like you'd see in the movies where two people would run up to each other, met in the middle, and share a long hug. It was nice and so very cliche at the same time.

"But... how?!" I asked, backing away to see his face.

"I can't believe it."

"Me either! You were dead the last time I saw you!" I pause to think about what I just said. "Well... dying."

"But I'm not! I knew you were alive, I knew you'd make it!"

"Was it the Governor?"

"No, he left when you did."

"Then how?!"

HOW WAS HE ALIVE??

"It's a long story... I just can't believe we found each other again."

And I gave him another hug. My mind is racing and my head is spinning. I used to have dreams like this. Where Noah was alive. I just didn't think they'd ever come true. But this... this is real.

"Um... Ally?" Rick asks, forcing Noah and I to break our hug. I look back at Rick, wiping away my now happy tears. "How do you...?"

"Before..." I began, taking a deep breath. "Before I was with this group, Noah was in my group."

"Wait, really?" Tara asks, raising her eyebrows, surprised.

"Yeah." Noah nodded.

I look over at Carl who looks shocked, and Hunter standing very close to him, looking confused.

We didn't have time to explain Noah's and I backstory because Glenn had just came out of the church, looking as miserable as ever. And I felt bad for smiling. I felt bad for being happy. I felt bad that Maggie had her closest friend taken away, and I just got mine back.