Chapter 20: Damn You

Egypt's Point of View

My shift came to an end and like any normal day in my life,  I hid in plain sight in inventory. 

The checks from Wal-Mart were piling up and simply stating that I was excited was an understatement. I would soon be able to move from this dreadful living condition and onto a glamorous penthouse. 

Alright, I guess I'm being too exuberant in my ideals, but who doesn't want to live the life of luxury? I suppose an apartment would suffice for now. 

Well, any type of stable shelter would suffice for now. 

I knew the moment I left this godforsaken situation I wouldn't tell Prince where I was residing. I still didn't trust him from the previous incident.

I yawned to myself watching the workers pacing around like chickens with their heads cut off making absolutely sure that the shelves were stocked and all their t's were crossed. 

It's a lot of hard work to close this store once night falls. It's dark and your way too sleepy to concentrate. 

I get comfortable in my fort whilst snacking on pistachios I couldn't help my mind to wonder to my beloved.  I wonder if he's taking our interaction hard. I wonder if he's actually going to mature and be in our lives. I wanted to call him, but I knew this would foil my plans.

 Prince was going to work for my affection if it's the last thing I do. 

My gaze became disheveled as I lied my head on my make-shift bubble wrap pillow. All of this stressing was making me sleepy. 

Two Months Later

I awoke ebullient today when I realized that I finally had a free day. I was given a promotion since I was the hardest working associate my Wal-Mart location has ever had. 

I am now a manager and, yes, my salary increased significantly. 

I pondered on the tasks I would accomplish first. I was getting bigger and time was ticking. 

I hadn't heard from Prince and I'm glad to. During my morning exercises, I would jog by his house. He hadn't come out since our last conversation and I was starting to worry. 

There was a part of me that wanted to extend myself. 

I think I would always love Prince, but things were starting to change in my life. I met someone new after I moved out of Wal-Mart's inventory unnoticed. 

We live together and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes I wonder how Prince would react if he knew that I was dating someone new. 

-

Prince's Point of View

I take another shot of whiskey to the head on my couch in the living room of my apartment. 

I'm too infantile to show myself to Egypt. 

Egypt was right about me. I'm a loser and I'll never gain the capabilities and characteristics of a good father. She's probably moved on to somebody else an I cannot blame her for wanting a change of scenery. Besides, I already know who she's dating. I smirked to myself when I noticed that my evil plan is coming into fruition.  

Eric Benet will regret talking to my woman.