Chapter 12: I Would Die For You

*

*

*

Egypt awoke to the rapid kicking in her belly. It disturbed her slumber; however, it wasn't a very restful one. The baby seemed to be responding to the stress of her nightmare. She placed her hand over the sensation and calmed it. The fetus instantly soothed itself and slept. Egypt lied wide awake in the most old-fashioned hotel she had ever seen. She was still shuttering at the appearance of it when she first walked in. 

Egypt lied awake for nearly an hour until she had the initiative to find her phone. She was far too bored to not be using her wireless internet. As she unlocked her phone, she saw the many messages that were left on her phone. Prince had called her nearly one-hundred times. Egypt pondered how she didn't hear the phone when it rang. Her pondering was soon ceased once she realized the volume had been down. Egypt contemplated on returning his phone calls; however, now didn't seem like the proper time. She was still stressed from the day before and the tranquility of her room was soothing her. 

Egypt grumbled as she felt another pain center her stomach. She placed her hand over the sensation and noticed that it was merely a hunger pain. She dressed her feet in her sneakers and padded to the closest eating facility on the street. She came across a rugged McDonalds and sighed. She had soon made it to nirvana. The moment of ease Egypt felt when she found a place of nourishment was soon disturbed when she heard a sniffle from behind her. Egypt immediately paused in her stance. She knew that sniffle from anywhere. She shifted behind herself to find a familiar face staring at her. That familiar face belonged to Prince. Egypt gasped as she tried to escape from his presence. Egypt wasn't as lucky as before because Prince grasped her forward and shoved her onto the cemented wall behind the McDonalds. Egypt began to panic for help. She kicked and screamed until she was tired. Egypt darted at Prince and calmed herself. Prince hadn't spoken yet. He was still staring with such hurt eyes. They were irritated from crying all hours of the night. 'What do you want, Prince?' 'I want you.' 'We can't keep doing this, Prince.' 'What do you mean?' 'Prince, I am breaking up with you.' 'Why would you want to do that? I give you everything you want. I gave you my soul!' 'It's over!' 

Egypt snatched herself from a man who was now broken-hearted. He couldn't bring himself to fight. He fell in to distress over Egypt's request. 'Egypt, if you leave me then I will kill myself!' Egypt gasped and shook her head at this notion. She loved Prince. She didn't want him to die. 'Please don't!' Egypt exclaimed. 'I don't think I could live without you, Egypt.' Egypt's thoughts froze from the fear Prince placed into her. Prince extended his hand to Egypt; however, she backed away from him. 'We can't be together anymore, Prince.' Prince grew frustrated with the response he had received. As he stated before, he couldn't live without Egypt. He climbed the ladder that was placed along the side of the McDonalds building. Once he reached the top, He prepared himself to jump off of the building. Egypt screamed uncontrollably once she saw him take the first step to his leap of death. Prince stopped before the edge of the franchise. Egypt sighed once she noticed that Prince hadn't jumped. Prince cleared his throat for one last speech before his fatality. 

 'Egypt, I love you more than life itself. I would die for you, darling. I can't blame you for not wanting to be with me. I am such garbage. I am a failure. I am a failure who deserves to die. I lost you. I abused you. I hurt you so bad. I hurt the one person I ever loved. I hate myself so much. I don't deserve you. I don't deserve anything. My child is going to hate me because I am a loser. The first time I had ever laid eyes on you, I knew I wanted to be with you forever. I wanted to marry you and have an entire children's choir with you. I want this so bad. I want us so bad. I am willing to jump right now and die. I want you to be free. I clearly don't know how to love you and I never will. All I know is that I can't live another moment knowing that you aren't in my life.