Chapter 5: A Change Is Going To Come

The next morning was a very leisurely day. Prince and Egypt stayed in bed as they did yesterday. Egypt called in sick at her work. She worked at a restaurant just a few blocks down the street from their home. She wanted that day to be all about Prince. Egypt loved to mother him and she loved to assist to his needs. A candlelight dinner on their apartment floor in a dimmed room was just the thing to get the spirits up. They, of course, couldn't afford a high-end dinner. So they both feasted upon grilled cheese sandwiches and grape juice. Prince being the gender role cautious person he is felt shame that he couldn't provide Egypt with all things luxurious. Egypt didn't care about material things. She cared more about the potential Prince had. 

His voice was definitely something that was loveable about him. Prince had a hard time finding work to support the both of them. Prince was so focused on his passion and that was music. He slept, breathed and dreamed music; however, in the economy Egypt and Prince were living in a starving artist wasn't financially accepted or socially accepted. This made Prince fall into a deep depression. He'd sit in a corner hours and hours a day writing material that would make even the coldest of hearts melt. 

Although keeping the rent up burdened them continuously each month. Egypt never stopped believing in Prince's abilities. A few months passed away and Prince still had no income. He hung around the Minnesota bars and drank vodka until his heart was content. One day it was an open mic night and Prince was there. He sipped the last bit of his drink and hopped on stage. He was seconds from wowing the crowd with his angelic voice. He selected a song from one of the booklets the club had kept. The song he selected was Radiohead's ''Creep''.

'' When you were here before.

Couldn't look you in the eye.
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry. ''

'' You float like a feather

In a beautiful world.
And I wish I was special,
You're so fuckin' special.'' 

'' But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.

What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here.''

Prince sang these lyrics as if his life depended on it. As he sang those lyrics all he could think about was how he had hurt Egypt. A tear fell out of his eye as he performed his set. Although the emotions were authentic to him, the crowd clapped for his astounding ''act''. The crowd wasn't the only one falling in love with this man. A scout from the record company, Warner Brothers was even moved by his performance. After his performance, Prince bowed to the crowd. He hopped off of the stage and walked out the bar. He was just about to vacate the premises when the scout stopped him. 'Wait!' The man shouted as Prince revved up his engine. Prince cut off his engine and shifted his attention to a man in a trench coat. ''How may I help you?'' The scout explained to Prince how fascinated he was with his performance and how he felt like he could make it big. Prince placed a coy smirk upon his face. The scout was shocked by how introverted Prince was. 'Here is my card, If you ever decide to take up the offer.' The scout faded away into the dusky night and never was never seen since. Prince revved his engine up and drove back home to tell Egypt the wonderful news. 

Prince parked his car outside of their home. He darted to the door and knocked upon it. Egypt opened the door and Prince couldn't conceal his excitement any longer. He blurted out all of the details and then some. 'That's wonderful, babe!' Egypt exclaimed. She grabbed Prince and wrapped him in her warm embrace. Prince loved it when he made Egypt happy. He would do everything in his power to please her. 'I just want you to feel this proud of me all the time.' Prince mumbled. Egypt placed her warm hands on his cheeks. 'I have always been proud of you.' Prince placed a kiss in the center of her palm and looked deeply into her eyes. 'I don't deserve you.' Egypt placed a kiss upon Prince's lips. 

She shifted his body into the home and closed the door. Egypt sat Prince down on the couch and walked into the kitchen. Prince was consumed by Egypt's love. He loved the way her body felt against his. It was almost like they were in sync. Prince sat there gazing upon Egypt as she worked in the kitchen. Prince bit his lip at the memory of that semi-passionate kiss Egypt and he shared. He just had to get a little bit more of her loving. Prince approached Egypt in a very tender way. He used his seductive techniques to lure Egypt into his arms. He grasped Egypt's waist and commenced to kissing Egypt's neck in a pecking motion. Egypt felt her knees becoming feeble at the affection that he was showing her. She couldn't withdraw from a moment like this. She just had to partake of it. Egypt shifted her body towards Prince and began to kiss his lips, vigorously. The moment became increasingly intense by the second. Prince and Egypt couldn't contain themselves anymore. Prince laid Egypt's body across the countertop. He filled her stomach with his small kisses as he made his way down to her crevices. He kissed upon her flesh as if it were something to savor. Egypt felt herself building up each second. She loathed when Prince teased her in this fashion. She pulled Prince up upon her body and proceeded to pin his body upon the gravel countertop. She snatched his bottoms off and guided herself onto him. It only took a few minutes for the rendezvous to end. Prince and Egypt both sat gathering themselves after their spicy moment. Prince shifted his body towards Egypt who seemed to be under a spell. He brushed his hands up against her soft hair and began to whisper in her ear. 'I want to stay this way forever.' Egypt limped back into their bedroom and went to sleep. She was too tired to reply. Egypt hadn't been feeling her best lately.