Chapter 18: Forever In My Life

*

Egypt awoke in the wee hours of the morning ready to undertake the day.

She showered herself in the punctured distilled water that Wal-Mart would throw in the dumpster during shipments. As she showered, she stroked her pruned fingertips over her soaked belly. She placed a kiss upon her fingertips and transferred it to her stomach.

'Today is the day.' She whispered.

After her bath, she dried herself on fitted sheets and hid behind the boxes. She wasn't living like a queen, But she felt like one. She was so positive that she would be hired and right she was. She made sure to be seen within the store so the hiring manager wouldn't bypass her application.

'Egypt Alyse Nelson?' The hiring manager abruptly asked.

Egypt spun around to find the hiring manager behind her.

'We have been trying to find you. Your resume was very impressive. Would you like to join our team?'

Yes, sir!' Egypt exclaimed.

*

Egypt began working after two weeks of anticipation surrounding her outfit.

The hiring manager had to find an outfit that would fit her pregnant body properly.

*

Egypt's life couldn't get any better than this.

She was being paid an amazing salary that she saved in an empty pickle jar inside of inventory. She hid her sanctuary so well that no one noticed a soul residing there. She knew her child would be beaming with glee at her journey years from now.

As Egypt was restocking the aisle in the cosmetic section, She heard a voice call her name.

'Egypt!'

'Yes?'

Egypt whirled around to see a familiar face standing before her.

'Prince?' She whispered.

The familiar featured man appeared to be dressed in a hooded clothing.

The hooded clothing concealed his face, Yet it revealed glimpse of brown-pigmented eyes.

The man facing Egypt's direction began walking closer to her.

Egypt felt a hazardous vibe from the being; However, there was something keeping her still.

The energy emerging between the two was like frozen butter. Egypt had the notion to scream when suddenly the mysterious being began to weep.

Egypt's defenses were slowly melting once she noticed the being had emotions. She subtly approached the human and placed her palm upon its shoulder.

'Please don't touch me, Egypt. Everytime you touch me I die a little inside.'

Everything inside of Egypt's body deciphered this mysterious being to be Prince. The energy emerging suddenly flowed naturally. She didn't feel the intense exasperation she once felt when she would encounter him. This time she felt a sense of pity and attachment. She grasped Prince by his waist and held him closely like a cub.

'How did you know it was me?' Prince inquired.

'I'd recognize that voice from anywhere.'

'Egypt, I know that I have issues and I know that you hate me; But I miss you so much.

I need to be around you. I need to see you. I need to talk to you. I need to hug you. I need to hold you. I need to care for you and I especially need you. I need your help because I don't think I can live without you and my child.'

'I don't know if I can do that.'

'Why? Why don't you want to come back to me?'

'You hurt me worse than anyone had in my entire life.'

'Egypt, I am willing to work for your love! What can I do to make you see that I can change?'

'i don't think you're capable of changing.'

'Please, Egypt! Let me show you that I am more than capable of being both a father and a husband! Please, Egypt! Let me have my family back. I need you. I need this. I need us.'

'You have thirty days.'

'Thirty days?'

'You have thirty days to prove to me that I can trust you to be both a great father and husband. If you prove to me within thirty days that you can change, I will live with you again and we will be a family.'

'What if I can't?'

'Then you are to never contact me or my child ever again.'