Chapter 9: The Great Escape

*

Egypt became conscious in what looked to be a washroom. She was left in the bathtub of the washroom to be burdened with a throbbing migraine against her skull. How it gaffed her in her place. She rubbed her eyes to bring leverage to her vision and observed that she was nude. She gasped at her exposed frame and slithered out of the bathtub and onto the gelid tiled floors. As she began to observe closer to the situation, she noticed that she had bruises upon her body. She instantly wondered if her child was safe. She braced herself against the cabinet doors and gazed about her surroundings to find a robe hanging from the door. She hoisted her frail body to the door and retrieved the robe by yanking it down from it. She wrapped the robe around herself and rose herself from the ground. She limped to the bedroom to find that all of the clutter from before was cleared. She stood contemplating on how long she had been out. She couldn't have possibly taken a nap in the washroom. There was something unusual going on and she was going to get to the bottom of it. Egypt's contemplation was halted once she heard the clanging of broken glass being swept from the dusted floors. It was Prince cleaning what looked to be the kitchen. The home, in which they resided never once appeared to be this empty. Prince had broken just about everything in the home besides the furniture where they sat. Prince lifted his gaze and observed that Egypt had awoken from her previous 'nap'. He darts to her side and pecked her cheek. He seemed to be in a frolicsome mood. 

Egypt wasn't having his glace appeal. She questioned him about the weirdness that had gone on whilst she was unconscious. Prince insured her that there was no sort of weirdness that was happening. He explained to her that he was just fearful that she left him. Egypt wasn't buying into his sappy tricks either. She demanded to know why she awoke in the bathroom. Prince didn't have a reply for her query. He just sniffed to himself. Egypt shoved Prince into the counter top of the kitchen to show Prince exactly how she felt when he would abuse her. Prince slumped to the lower cabinet and grasped upon his rib. He shouted as the agonizing pain radiated through his body. ''Why did you do that?'' He questioned. ''I did it because I want you to know what it feels like to hurt like I do.'' ''I have never meant to hurt you. I've told you this before.'' ''If you never mean to hurt me then why do you continue?'' ''I don't know why I do it. I just can't get you to understand me any other way.'' Egypt warned Prince that if he commenced to mistreating her that she would leave him. This warning made Prince irate. He raged at her figure and struck her across the cheek. She did the same to him and dashed out of the apartment as fast as she could. 

Prince shouted her name as she ran out of their shared home. He raced after her like a child would a soft-serve vehicle. It felt like he had lost a treasured prize. 'Egypt' He called, however there wasn't a response.  Egypt had gotten away from Prince. Egypt had gotten away from his confined clutch. 

He dashed into his home and swung his apartment door closed. He trudged to his cabinet and reached for what appeared to be a liquor bottle and drank straight out of it. Prince didn't want to be so angered. He didn't want to live such a woeful lifestyle. He didn't want to cause Egypt anymore pain. He just wished he would somehow disappear. He thought that maybe if he disappeared then Egypt would be much happier than she is now. Prince despised himself, yet he couldn't control himself. He thought that his visits to the psychologist would allow him to heal, however his deposition showed itself. 

*

Egypt had run as far as her little legs could take her. She didn't feel the need to admit herself to the hospital. The child inside of her was thumping like he always did. She guessed that she was too caught up with Prince to notice this. She stopped at the residency of her best friend, Kimberly and knocked upon her door hoping a response would come. Egypt's wishes were granted as she saw a somber girl casually sauntering to the door. When she opened it, she gasped in ultimate shock. It was Egypt and her welts and abrasions lingering upon her stoop. She invited her in whilst she observed her figure from a far. Poor Egypt, how her life seemed to be falling apart. She sat Egypt down upon her couch and demanded her to spill everything. It was fortunate for both Egypt and Kimberly that her parents weren't home. They would impose on her with questions. Egypt did just as Kimberly desired and she spilled the beans of the situation that had been going on between Prince and she. Kimberly's eyes welted with tears once she heard the story that Egypt told. She knew that she had to flee from such things. 

Kimberly assured Egypt that she could bunk with her, however Egypt declined her notion. It was better for her to stay with Prince. She didn't want him to endanger himself. He is a easily saddened human and they need support. Especially if she wanted him surrounding their child. Kimberly insisted upon escorting her home. She needed closure about this elderly man her confidant was engaging with.