Chapter 8: Don't Abuse Me

*

Egypt contemplated over Prince's proposal. Prince had left the home to care for his own personal dealings. He inquired for Egypt to come along. however she figured it would have been best to stay behind for the night. This twenty-four hour period had been filled with so much commotion. She pondered how her confidants would take the news if she were to spill it. She especially was concerned about Kim's reaction. She always thought Prince was rather 'unique' when he worked at Minnesota High. It didn't matter what they thought about the situation. They should at least know about what has been going on with Egypt. Right? She gazed at the telephone with apprehension in her soul. She ignored those blaring signs of danger ahead and phoned Kimberly. What could possibly go wrong, anyhow? Kim answered her cellphone quicker than what Egypt expected. She didn't even have enough time to get her speech together. That didn't stop her though, so she continued. 

Egypt: Hello.

Kimberly: Is that you, Egypt?

Egypt: Yes.

Kimberly: I hadn't heard from you in months. I have been trying to reach you for a very long time. I even tried to visit you. Why haven't you been returning my phone calls?

Egypt: Well, I have been quite busy.

Kimberly: Well, have you been busy enough to not attend school? I am really worried about you and your education Egypt. This is so unlike you. Why did you just quit? I could have helped you with your school work.

Egypt: Well, I just wanted you to know that I am pregnant.

Kimberly: What do you mean pregnant?

Egypt: Exactly how it sounds. 

Kimberly: Where are you? Are you living by yourself? Where is your mother? 

Egypt: She's gone.

Kimberly: Where has she gone?

Egypt: Home.

Kimberly: That can't be because I visited you just a few days back.

Egypt: She isn't living anymore.

Kimberly: WHERE ARE YOU? I NEED TO SEE YOU!

Egypt: I can't tell you where I am exactly, however I can meet you at the nearest gas station. 

Kimberly: Fine, I just need to see you.

Egypt: Alright, I have to go now. I will see you then.

Kimberly: Goodbye

Egypt: Goodbye. 

Egypt slipped on her sneakers and waddled out of the house. The child seemed to be resting on her heavily. She didn't have her own vehicle, so she took a walk to the gas station. It was a blessing that the streets weren't filled with cars or she would have been in a situation. Once she arrived at the gas station, she phoned Kimberly at the convenient store to relay to her that she had made it. It was only minutes later that Kimberly arrived as well. 

She gasped once she laid eyes on Egypt. She was indeed pregnant. Kimberly only hoped Egypt was playing a joke, however Egypt wasn't the jovial type. Kimberly stood, noiselessly as she tried to come up with a query to ask. The initial thing that came to her mind was who the father was. Egypt was very careful to admit the truth to her, so she muttered the reply in her ear. Kimberly gasped, loudly at the response that was given by Egypt. She wasn't quite certain how she felt after such mind blowing news. 

She sat upon the grungy concrete floors of the gas station trying to piece together the moment at hand. ''How long have you guys been intimate?'' Kimberly questioned. ''Since the beginning of the school year.'' ''Why didn't you tell me sooner?'' ''I was afraid that you would judge me.'' ''I would never do that!'' ''Will you ever forgive me?'' ''Of course, I would never abandon you!'' ''Do you know what you are having?'' ''I think I am having a boy.'' ''Wow, well have you thought of any names.'' ''Yes, I have.'' ''Well, what are you going to name him?'' ''I am going to name him after his father.'' ''Does Mr. Nelson know that I am here?'' ''No, Prince doesn't know that you are here.'' ''Wow, now you are calling him by his actual name?'' ''What?'' ''Its kind of unsettling to say the least.'' ''Well, he is the father of my child.'' ''I know.'' ''Is it alright if I meet Mr. Nelson again?'' ''Um, I don't know. I'll have to ask him.'' ''Why do you have to ask him?'' ''Well, he doesn't like when I infringe on his privacy.'' ''What do you mean by 'infringe'?'' ''He gets angry with me if I do that. I have been good for awhile and I don't want to mess things up.'' ''What are you going on about?'' ''Its a long story.'' ''I have time to listen.'' ''Well, if I make him mad everything becomes terrible.'' ''What do you mean by terrible?'' ''Well, he becomes very aggressive.'' ''What do you mean by aggressive?'' ''He just shakes me up a little bit. He only does it because he loves me.'' ''That isn't love, Egypt!'' ''I knew you would be upset.'' ''I am not upset. I support you.'' ''Thank you, Kim. I have to get back though.'' ''Why, we just began to talk.'' ''I know, I just can't be late.'' ''What are you late for? I can drive you.'' ''Don't worry, I can walk.''

 Kimberly monitored closely to where Egypt was heading to. It appeared to be a apartment complex ahead in the far right hand side. She followed her, unseen to Prince's residence. She took a snapshot of the complex with her camera phone and sprinted off. Egypt saw a glimpse of a human from the corner of her eye. She shifted her attention to what she thought was a person and shrugged her shoulders. She figured it must have been a mirage. As she headed to the appointed apartment, she noticed that Prince had beat her there. She knocked upon the door of the apartment, yet it was unlocked. She found that rather perplexing since she habitually secured the lock each time she left the apartment.  She sauntered inside and locked the door, not paying any mind to the broken glass that stood in front of her. Once she gazed forward she gasped at the mess that was made in the apartment. She wondered if someone had robbed them. She carefully walked through the apartment looking for signs of another life in there. 

Suddenly, she heard a crashing sound coming from the bedroom. She opened the door to find Prince upon the floor sobbing. He gazed at up to link eyes with Egypt whom was very disturbed by what she had seen. He smiled, brightly and embraced her body like she were the last person on earth. ''What happened in here?'' She asked, concernedly. ''I thought you left me.'' ''I only went down the street.'' ''It didn't feel like that from here.'' ''Why did you break everything?'' ''I will replace it all, I swear!'' ''Prince, you plunged a lamp through the television.'' ''Are you mad at me?'' ''I believe so.'' ''Please don't be mad, I will replace it all. I swear!'' Egypt shook her head and sat upon the glass-contained bed. The expression on her face was priceless as she tried to piece together the entire day. She had gone into such deep contemplation that she couldn't even hear her surroundings. Prince had been inquiring several queries from her, however she wasn't relaying. This made him loose his temper.