Chapter 31 : Sacrifices

Start from the beginning

"I miss you too.", Jackson smiled, "What are you up to?", Jackson asked.

"I'm about to go out with Jinyoung and Jennie.", Jisoo said, "Jackson, Jinyoung's mum came over today.", Jisoo said suddenly.

"What? Really?", Jackson said, shocked, "So you met her?", Jackson said.

"Yes, and when she saw me..she seemed disappointed. And I can't even open my mouth and talk to Jinyoung about it.", Jisoo sighed over the phone.

"Did Jinyoung say anything?", Jackson asked.

"No, in all honesty we haven't spoken a proper sentence to each other ever since his mum left after breakfast.", Jisoo said.

"But you guys have to talk about it.", Jackson said.

"I know. I will soon. I don't know honestly.", Jisoo said, and then she glanced down at her watch, "I have to go now, bye Jackson, also I miss you loads.", Jisoo said and Jackson responded with an okay and an I miss you too, hanging up afterwards. Jisoo looked at her reflection in the mirror, figuring out what to do.

The trio ended up at a mall, and Jisoo accompanied Jennie shopping while Jinyoung just followed them, as they were busy looking through stuff, Jinyoung looked at Jisoo and sighed.

His mind then found it's way back to the argument he had had with his mother earlier.

"When your father and I left for The States, we trusted you and this is what you do?", his mother said, disappointed, "Living and having a relationship with your father's enemy's daughter?", his mother said.

"Mum..", Jinyoung said regretfully, "She started working with Park's Empire, and then she got kicked out by her family for doing so.", Jinyoung explained, "I'm sorry.", Jinyoung said.

"Then why didn't you let her go? This is so selfish Jinyoung. Did you even think of your father when you took her in? Did you? He was accused by Jisoo's father of trying to sabotage Kim's Group and you know that Jinyoung and you're just simply living with her.", his mother said, "What if I was with your father today? How would he have reacted?", his mum attacked.

"You loved her mum, she was the only girl you ever approved of.", Jinyoung said suddenly, eyes teary looking up at his mother, and she sighed as she took the seat beside him.

"I did, and I know you did too. You were in love. And I know you still are, but Jinyoung the both of you know that this isn't right.", his mother sighed, "No matter how much you want it to be.", his mother said with a hint of sadness in her voice, "I would know that, I was in love—once.", she said as she got up, but Jinyoung didn't quite understand the last part, "I have to go, but please do something about this, before your father finds out.", his mother said.

"But mum, please. You can't do this to me.", Jinyoung said, "I love her so much.", Jinyoung said, and his mother could've sworn that she heard her own heart breaking. It was taking her back to the time where she was in love, "You just said you were in love once, so you should know how it is for me, mum please.", Jinyoung pleaded.

"But I also do know that sacrifices should be made sometimes so that things for the people around you wouldn't be hard, and as much as it hurts, sometimes it's the love of your life.", she said, "So Jinyoung, please don't disappoint me.", she said, not even looking at her son, leaving the room.