Chapter 21: Sight

Start from the beginning

You bit your lip, slowly moving your blue gaze to study his face.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." You stated softly. "But I have to stay here."

He slowly nodded his head. There was no changing your mind, there was no negotiating. This was your decision and he had to respect that, not matter how badly he didn't want to.

His eyes watered slightly as he stared at you, his hands moving to rest on the sides of your face as his thumbs stroked your cheeks softly.

"My biggest fear," He breathed. "Is that he will tire of you, and you will become just like me. Alone."

If you said that you weren't afraid of that happening, you would be lying to yourself.

"That won't happen." You bluffed.

Jungkook slowly nodded and placed a chaste kiss to your forehead before stepping away from you.

"If you have any hidden miracles, now would be the time to use them."

You chuckled sadly, nodding.

"I'll be sure to remember that."

He only nodded, before turning on his heel and slowly walking away, leaving you to, once again, face your fate.

Jin glanced at you, grabbing your hand in reassurance.

"Are you ready?"

You inhaled deeply, nodding your head.

"Let's do this."

__________________________________________________________

The young Pharaoh sat proudly in his throne, his kohl-lined eyes watching the golden doors, waiting for your imminent arrival. He was adorned in his finest robes, and even wore the ornamental headdress that was only worn at the most divine of ceremonies.

He had longed for this day ever since he placed the bet with the priest. Today was the day he would finally possess you, the day that you would fully belong to him.

You had been quite the tease these past few days, wearing those revealing dresses and staring at him with a fire he had never seen before. It was almost enough to drive him mad with hunger for you.

He couldn't understand why you were so resistant to him. You were constantly avoiding his gaze, and never approaching him. At first, he had considered the possibility that you hated him, but then you saved his life and he came to the conclusion that you would not save him, if you did not care for him.

His heart leapt in his throat as the doors creaked open, his brown eyes snapping towards the golden fixtures in excitement.

His smile, however, was soon replaced with a scowl as he took in the sight before him.

You walked hand-in-hand with his cousin.

All excitement was slowly replaced with burning anger.

The absolute gaul of him.

If it had been anyone else, he would have had their hands chopped off and removed from their bodies. How dare he touch you so informally!

Anger swam behind his kohl-stained eyes as he watched Jin walk you to the middle of the room, and release your hand before walking to stand beside the young Pharaoh.

Beginning the trial, he moved his glare from Jin to you, watching as you fiddled with your thumbs.

"Do you know why you are here?" He asked loudly, catching everyone's attention.