Chapter 21: Sight

Start from the beginning

You furrowed your eyebrows, pulling your hand away from him.

"What are you doing?"

He frowned, taking a small step towards you, his chocolate orbs moving over to Jin.

"I came to get you away from this place. I know of a way out, but we must leave now."

He reached for your wrist again but you quickly moved away from him, your blue eyes saddening at his words.

"I-I can't." You stuttered out quietly, your other hand playing with the bracelet on your wrist.

The young slave shook his head.

"Yes you can. I just told you, I know a wa-"

"I can't Jungkook. I really can't....I'm sorry."

His confused expression morphed into one of sadness, his eyes scanning over your features as he moved closer, his voice lowering.

"If you are afraid of the Pharaoh finding you, I swear that I will never reveal your location."

You shook your head.

"I'm not scared of him."

His brows furrowed.

"Then what is the problem?"

For a moment, you thought about telling him everything. About Writer and the bracelet, why you literally were not allowed to leave the palace. If you could only open your mouth and tell him the truth of what's been happening, maybe everything would be okay, maybe he would understand....

But you couldn't do that..even if you did, he would not believe you. If you told him, he could be placed in danger. Writer told you never to tell anyone your true purpose there, and with the way he betrayed you, you would not put it past him to harm anyone that you told, for fear of his little secret getting out.

"I can't tell you," You sighed out. "I'm sorry."

The brown-eyed man stared at you in awe.

"What are you talking about, Y/n? Why can't you tell me?"

You frowned.

"You should leave, Jungkook."

He shook his head, stepping closer to you, his expression becoming angry.

"I don't know why you are so frightened and I know when the time is right, you will tell me, but right now, you cannot allow fear to control you. I came to stop you from walking through those doors, and I intend to fulfill my mission."

You sighed heavily.

"I've already told you; I. can't."

He huffed angrily, his dark eyes staring into yours.

"Stop speaking foolishly." He growled at you. "Do you want to end up like a slave? Do you want to end up like me?!"

You remained silent, your eyes falling to the ground.

"I am beaten and bruised every. single. day." He stated. "I am treated like some kind of dog. I work and work, until I cannot feel my arms, and I am constantly searching for some sort of food, just to keep myself alive! I stay up late at night asking myself why I wasn't good enough for my parents. Why didn't they love me? Why did they hate their own son so much, that they would sell me without even blinking!?"

"Jungkook, I-"

"I have no one!" He yelled, his voice cracking in the most heartbreaking way. "Jimin, he-he's gone!My best friend, the only person who didn't scoff at my presence, the only one who made sure I was healthy, the only good man in this god-forsaken desert is gone! And I have no one except for you. You're all I have Y/n. I don't want to be alone."