Chapter Thirteen

Sally, Grace and Louise soon arrived to a hotel that overlooked the beach. Greeted by the handsome owner, named Macario. It was his mission for men and women to arrive and receive total relaxation.

Macario escorted the girls to a room that was exotically designed and was accompanied with amazing views of the beach. The smell of divine aromas lingered. This was a place for a revival of the soul, truly majestic.

The three women laid down to receive a full body massage. The massage soothed Sally and for once she focussed her thoughts on all the good aspects of her life. With each deep stroke she imagined the bad energy leaving her body and the good energy replenishing her being. After the first massage, Sally felt lighter and energised. She poked Grace who was snoring. No response. Sally poked her again. This time Grace sleepily sat up with drool dried to her chin. Louise and Sally giggled as Louise handed Grace a towel. “Ladies we have not finished yet, the day has only just begun,” Sally said. Louise and Grace glanced at each other and smiled. Facials were on the agenda next.

Time passed and their bodies tingled all over. Fresh fruit with mocktails were provided and it was time for their feet to be indulged. First their feet were scrubbed and then massaged, with unique scented oils to create soft heavenly feet. The girls each selected a colour for their nails. Sally asked for a hot fire engine coloured nail polish. Louise wanted a mermaid aqua colour and Grace decided on a pearl coloured nail polish. Feeling like royalty, the girls let their nails dry while they got comfortable on the beach. They watched the water drift out to sea and roll back in. The calming day had really taken effect on all of them. 

The waiters delivered their lunch on the beach. “Sally, thank you. Today has really been a pleasure,” Grace said. 

“There is still one more surprise,” Sally responded truly excited. The sabotage plan had left her mind completely, as she sincerely enjoyed the girls company. And she realised this was the most fun she had in a while. “Girls, on a trip like this we have to do something to remember the experience. So I have organised for all of us to get our hair styled. Grace may be you should dye your hair red?” Sally suggested.

“I don’t think so Sally. I have never dyed my hair another colour.” Grace stroked her hair for reassurance.

“Grace, you are in a new country, why not remember your first coloured experience from a memorable holiday?”

“You tell her Sally,” Louise said, from the straw of her cocktail in a pineapple.

Ready for a new change, Grace decided on red coloured foils and for her hair to be layered. Louise was next with her golden look and decided to go brunette underneath and blonde on top.

“You know when we find Miranda; she is not going to recognise us,” Grace laughed.

“Oh, I nearly forgot that was the reason we are here. Okay ladies,” Louise said, looking serious as she glanced from Grace to Sally, “We only have three more days here. We need to think of an action plan to track down Miranda.” Everyone was silent for a moment, pondering where to even begin. “Miranda could be anywhere, including back in Australia,” Louise said disheartened.

“I know, why don’t we call hotels nearby and tell them we are meeting up with Miranda but have lost her room number? if they say she is in room five, then we have found the right place,” Sally suggested. The girls agreed this was a good idea.

Grace chipped in, “We could go to the clubs tonight and see if Miranda is there.”

“Now we are thinking girls,” Louise said. With their hair styled and pampered bodies, they were ready to enter Spain’s night life. Louise wore the skimpiest outfit she could fine.