Seal the Deal

The shock of seeing himself in such a state was still evident on his face, his green eyes wide as he carefully analyzed himself in the mirror. How... can I look this good? He actually turned his body to the side slowly, to get views at different angles.

"You've never changed up your outfits or style before?" Daniel asked, watching Alan with an amused smile on his face.

"No... Jeans, graphic tee and hoodie is my style." Alan stated, turning around to face Daniel fully. "This... feels so strange to me."

"I can see that." Daniel replied with a laugh. "I'm guessing you like it, at least..."

"I..." Alan started to speak but paused to actually reflect on that question. He mulled it over in his head for a few more seconds, before speaking again. "Daniel."

"Yeah, Moogle?" Daniel asked, a curious look on his face.

"If I was gay... cause... I'm not..." Alan spoke, although he had to fight back the urge to not laugh his ass off at the statement. "Based on how I look now... would you date me?"

Not expecting to be asked such a question, Daniel took a moment to pause himself. He carefully eyed Alan, his lips pursed together slightly. "Hmm... that's a good question..."

Alan raised an eyebrow, not expecting a delay. "It's not an answer, though..."

"I know, Moogle..." Daniel smirked, only to see Alan do the same. "Why do you ask?"

"I was... curious. I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to feel right now, because I've never seen myself... like this. So, I figured I would ask you to gauge interest..." Alan stated with a slight shrug. In reality, he was more curious to see if Daniel found him remotely attractive. I want to know if you would even consider kissing me in this state, because you sure as hell don't seem like you would in my nerd style.

After a few moments of pause, Daniel nodded. "Yeah, I probably would." he admitted with a smile.

In a way, that made Alan feel incredibly attractive and wanted. But, at the same time, he felt a sense of sadness and disappointment. That explains a lot... But at least he finds me attractive now. At least I have that. A smile came to his face, his hands going into the pockets of the khakis. "Ok... then, I can honestly say I like the way I look now."

"Really? Based on the fact that I would date you if you were gay?" Daniel asked, puzzled.

"Having the approval of a gay guy is the highest of compliments." Alan joked, only to see Daniel laugh loudly. "Thanks... this makes me feel really... special."

"I'm glad! You really just needed someone to bring out that side of you. Also, you can keep the clothes." Daniel added, going over to the clothes on the rack to slowly remove them from hangers.

"Are you fucking insane? I can't keep these." Alan immediately rebutted, beginning to pull off the cardigan. Daniel reached over to gently grab his hand.

"I'm serious. These are clothes that I was going to donate anyway, because I've outgrown them. They're in great condition, it's just I had a growth spurt and can't fit them anymore. Keep them, Moogle."

"Daniel, seriously..." Alan protested, tugging at the cardigan slightly.

"I won't take no for an answer. I'm going to put these in a bag, and you can take them all home." Daniel stated, letting Alan's hand go before he continued to take all the clothes down and fold them neatly.

Alan watched him carefully, his face not helping but to turn red from embarrassment and joy. Damnit... he's so fucking nice... and he touched my fucking hand, OMG. The urge to return Daniel's kindness welled up within him and before he could even stop himself, he reached over and hugged Daniel gently from behind, burying his face in Daniel's back. "Thanks..." he muttered quickly, before letting go and heading directly into the bathroom. FUCK... he smells so damn good...