ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟿

Start from the beginning

It was a mix between sad puppy dog eyes,a bit of disgust, and a little of my own creation. My 'go ahead and give me what I want because if you don't I'm going to either take it or I'm going to get it from someone else' look. Which is really hard to do.

He looked down and sighed, then chuckled.

"Where are you going?" He questioned reaching in his pocket for his wallet.

"The mall." I replied simply.

He sighed and pulled two bills out of his wallet. I walked over and realized that they were two hundreds. Yes! Love that for me.

"Thanks dad." I cheesed as I ran up the stairs. Normally that would have been enough for me to get a few outfits and some food and still have money left over, but I'm determined to get those fucking shoes and after that I would maybe only have 5 dollars left at that.

I wish I still wore kids sizes in shoes.

I walked to the door of my parents room and knocked on it hoping my mother was in there.

"Come in." She shouted.

I walked through the door and saw her getting ready to go somewhere.

"Mama where you finna go?" I asked looking her up and down. Don't get me wrong she looked beautiful, I'm just nosey.

"And hello to you too K.B." She said as she rolled her eyes. "I have a dinner meeting for work, we're trying to land some new clients."
She turned around. "Zip me up."

I zipped up her all black dress, then I got to the point of why I even came in here.

I'm really about to be late. This is why I told him an hour wasn't enough.

"So ma, I'm about to go to the mall in a minute...can I have a few dollars?" I asked looking up at her smiling.

"Hmmmm. Ohhhh." She grinned.
"You must be going to the mall with that new lil friend you told me about be other day?" She asked sliding into the all black red bottoms me and my sister bought her last Christmas.

I decided I would go ahead and tell her without telling her too much of my business. I sighed.

"Yeah. Ummm....his name is Azari, I met him at school obviously, and he's supposed to be picking me up in like 45 minutes and I haven't even taken a shower." I said all in one breath.

"His name is cute." She said plainly putting her earrings in. "You must like this lil boy, because you look cute in what you have on." She turned and said to me.

"MA!" I yelled as I felt my cheeks heating up.

"Uhh huh that's what I thought." She reached into her purse and pulled out some money and handed it to me. "That's 175, I would give you a little more, but I already gave you money for gas last week."
She said grabbing her keys.

"It's fine ma." I kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug. "Hope your meeting goes well." I said as I walked out.

"Thanks baby, hope your date goes well." She yelled back. Cracking herself up

I swear that lady think she's funny.

I called Zari as I started picking out my outfit asking how much more time did I have since it's already been an hour. He told me I got around 45 minutes which is fair enough.

I kind of copied my mother with all the red and black. I picked out an all red thrasher shirt, some black ripped skinny jeans,my red high top vans, then because it needed a little extra flare I got my black jean jacket. Babyboy can dress.

I hurried and jumped in the shower,then did the rest of my hygiene then got dressed. I was putting on my shoes when Zari call me.

"I'm outside. Do you want me to knock on the do-" was all I let him say before I cut him off.

"No. I'll come outside don't knock on the door, I'll be out in a minute.

"Ight lil baby don't take too long." He said as he ended the call.

Damn it probably sounded like I didn't want him to come to the door because I was trying to hide him or something. Which I mean..I kind of was but not for a bad reason. My dad and his loud ass friends are downstairs, if it would have just been my mom I would have let him in.

I grabbed my phone,keys,money,then walked downstairs.

"Bye father I'm leaving. Don't wait up." I said opening the door,but was greeted by Azari standing on my porch. I hurried up and closed the front door behind me before my dad saw.

When he saw me he smiled. Awwww. But I swear I told this nigga not to come to the damn door. It's whatever though.

"Hey lil baby." He said all happy bending down kissing me on my cheek.

I smiled. "Hey Zee." I said as we walked to his car.

He walked around to my side and opened my door. "Thank you." I said grinning.

"No problem lil baby." He replied as he got into the car.

1535 words