Origins

"Come on Luffy Shanks is here!" I called my brother as I ran out of the house and to the docks.

"Wait Kiyo you are to fast!" Luffy called as he chased after me.

"Are you saying I'm faster than you, oh great pirate king?" I taunted with a giggle as he started to run faster.

"As if!" He shouted and passed me huffing and I ran to a where a couple of crates were and ran up them and jumped off rolling on the ground in front of my brother where I stood up and beat him to the dock where Shanks was standing waiting for us.

"HaHa! Looks like I win again Luffy." I laughed as I stop in front of Shanks waiting for my older brother.

"No fair! You cheated!" Luffy screeched while pointing at me accusingly.

"Did not, I just used my resources to beat you," I said as I stuck my tongue out at him.

"HaHa! She's right Luffy she beat you fair and square." Shanks laughed as he ruffled our hair and lead us onto his ship. I grinned and Luffy pouted before he grinned and ran off. I tilted my head confused before I saw him climb up onto the figurehead of the ship.

"Luffy what are you doing up there!" I called to him.

"Hmph, I'm not joking this time! I've had enough! I'll prove it to you all to see!" Luffy yelled holding up a knife as I looked at him worried.

HaHaHa, go for it! Let's see what you're going to do!" Shanks encouraged him.

"Luffy is going to do something funny again!" Someone yelled and suddenly Luffy stabbed himself under his left eye.

"LUFFY!!" I yelled as Shanks was quick to grab him and patch him up and we all walked into the Party's Bar where Shanks' crew likes to go. "Luffy why would you do that?" I asked him confused.

"To prove I can be a pirate." He said and I stared at him with a blank look.

"That's the dumbest thing you've ever said," I told him bluntly and he blanched.

"To Luffy"s craziness!" Lucky Roo cheered.

"Ah, it didn't hurt one bit." Luffy lied with tears in his eyes.

"Liar! Don't do anything so stupid again!" Shanks and I yelled at him as I crossed my arms.

"I'm not afraid of pain at all, next time take me out to sea! I want to be a pirate too!" Luffy yelled out and I smiled.

"What about you Kiyomi? What do you want to do?" Shanks asked me.

"I going to be a marine admiral and surpass my grandpa," I told him with a grin and he ruffled my hair.

"Hopefully you will be a little lenient to your friends when you do become an admiral," Shanks said with hope in his eyes as he stared at me.

"Don't worry Shanks I'm not going to be a mean marine like the ones I see when grandpa takes me to HQ with him. I will only arrest those who are bad pirates." I told him with a close eyed smile and he breathed a sigh of relief as he turned to Luffy.

"You can't handle being a pirate Luffy not being able to swim is a pirates biggest weakness. At least little Kiyomi can swim." Shanks laughed at him.

"As long as I stay on board the ship I'll be fine. Kiyomi can rescue me if I fall into the water. Besides my fighting is pretty good." Luffy argued as Makino handed me some apple juice.

"Luffy I won't always be around to save you if you fall in the water if I'm out being a marine," I told him as I sipped my juice.

"I've trained rigorously. My punch is like pistol fire. And with Kiyomi by my side, we will be unstoppable. She's really fast and can distract the enemy while I attack." Luffy told Shanks as he ignored what I said and I huffed as Shanks rolled his eyes.