"Itachi." I greeted, and that single word burned my throat harshly, so I decided to use as few words as possible from then on.

Silence, surprisingly not uncomfortable, stretched across the room.

"You know," he started, but I still couldn't see his face. "My brother could've been hurt."

Upon those words, my blood ran cold, and only one name came to my mind.

Julie.

I opened my mouth, but closed it immediately after. I wasn't supposed to tell him about Julie, was I? Last time Julie... took over me, the Hokage made sure it remained a well-kept secret.

"I know about her." The teenager said, as if able to read my mind that very instant.

Huh, he knew? I don't suppose anyone told him without context, so he was probably...

"You were there?" The words slipped out of my mouth, and the surprise obviously showed. "Wait, no, that's not important. Is Sasuke alright?" Sasuke was almost hurt by me again, so I would certainly be surprised if he still trusted me.

"Sasuke sensed a burst of chakra through his bracelet, and he immediately raced to the Training Ground Five." Huh, that kid still kept the bracelet I gave him on his birthday? "Naruto sensed it too, but he was further away at the Hyuga compound."

"So, you followed Sasuke to me?"

"Well, I had to see what was so urgent that my little brother had to drop whatever practice I was having with him."

All the dots started to connect. "So I... Julie tried to hurt Sasuke, and you tried to stop me with a fire jutsu, which is why I have a burn on my left arm?"

"For what it's worth, I'm sorry about that burn." And I would've believed him if it wasn't for the taunting smirk on his face.

"Whatever." I answered, and immediately beating myself up over how immature that reply sounded. Whatever? Really Naka? Really?

Itachi ignored the childish remark. "Any news you might want to tell me?" He asked, and I noticed his finger subtly activating silencing seals in the room.

So I told Itachi of what Mamoru had told me weeks ago, watching as his face remained blank and expressionless throughout the whole conversation. To be honest, I was slightly worried. That was the last time I had heard from my summon, and I would be lying if I said that the mission I gave him wasn't dangerous.

Itachi nodded, thanked me and left the room by soundlessly closing the door.

And I was left alone to the familiar silence of a hospital room once more.

———
Two days later, I was discharged from the hospital. The doctor decided to keep me there one day more than necessary just to be sure my chakra levels are stabilized. If I had to stay one more day, I would've pulled a Kakashi and escaped the room without notice. Assuming I was able to get past the nurses who actually had quick reflexes and cat-like observant eyes.

On the way out of the hospital, I crossed paths with Shisui who was on the way in.

"Oh, you're discharged already? I was just about to visit you." He said, holding up a bag of dango that was undoubtedly for me.

I eyed the bag greedily. "Well, sick or not, I still crave dango." I reached out to grab the bag, but a hand snatched my arm, instantly stopping my movement.

"Sorry, Shisui." Asuma said, lowering my arm to my side. "It seems like I have to steal Naka for a bit. She's a little behind on her water techniques practices."

I pouted as Asuma dragged the collar of my shirt, widening the distance between the dango bag and I, my hand dramatically reaching out to the food like we were long lost lovers.

"My dango..." I whined, watching as Shisui took a bite of what was supposed to be my dango stick. He was doing it extra slowly, his face scrunching up in pure bliss at the taste of the food. Dammit, he's doing that to rile me up!

"If you can complete a water clone by today, I will buy you five dango sticks." Asuma said gruffly from the side, his cigarette loosely hanging in his lips.

Motivation immediately filled my system, and adrenaline harshly pumped in my bloodstream at the idea of 'free dango'.

"I trust you'll keep your words."

————
A/N:

Guess who updated :) Sorry I haven't been the most responsible author TT
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Kononowrites