Chapter 22

"You lied to me, Itachi." I accused, my eyes turning hard as I approached his table, my hands balled into fists.

Itachi looked over from his place in the dango shop, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw Itachi's hand under the table activate a silencing seal around us.

Shisui, sitting opposite to Itachi, had his eyes darting between both of us, both of his hands raised in a universal harmless gesture.

"Guys, calm down. Did something happen while I was gone?"

I ignored the curly haired teen. "You said you couldn't hear what Mamoru and I were saying, but how did you know he said you were my boyfriend?"

"Who's Mamoru?" Shisui's mouth dramatically dropped. "Wait, boyfriend?"

Itachi gracefully stood up from his seat.

"Shall we go somewhere private to talk about this?"

Before I could reply and Shisui could protest, Itachi grabbed my shoulders and teleported us to a place I recognized as an abandoned training field.

"Explain. Now." I demanded.

He tilted his head. "It took you quite a while to figure that out." Once again, Itachi activated a silencing seal.

I remained silent as I watched him heave a barely audible sigh. "What if I told you I wouldn't tell anyone?"

"Why wouldn't you tell anyone?" Surely, a story of a girl from two worlds is worthy enough to be reported to the Hokage. "And aren't you going to ask me to explain myself?"

"Everyone has their own secrets." He shrugged.

I crossed my arms, distrustful. "Name your terms."

Itachi's smirk was almost impossible to spot. "Smart girl." His face schooled to an emotionless mask. "I need to your summon to spy on someone for me."

"Why not use your Uchiha cats?" I tried keeping my tone steady, but I was sure some curiosity leaked.

"No. This cannot be known by my clan."

"What about your best buddy Shisui?"

"He is not aware of this person." Now I was really curious. Who was it that Itachi knows and doesn't want Shisui or his clan to know about?

"Let me get this clear, Itachi," I continued. "This is a one-time deal. You will keep my secret from others and I help you with one infiltration mission."

"I will ask for only one, but I can't guarantee you that you will be completely free and unharmed after that."

"So you are willing to risk my life for that?"

The teen paused. "Essentially, yes."

Completely understandable. It was either one life or the village. Simple math. How bad can it be, really? Itachi wouldn't be that insensible to put the Hokage's daughter's life in danger.

"Who do you want my summon to spy on?"

"Look for someone who goes by the name Uchiha Madara."

----------

Poke. Poke.

"I think she's broken." Sasuke whispered to Shikamaru, both of them watching as Naruto continued to poke my arm.

"N-Naruto-kun, I think Naka-chan doesn't want to be... poked," Hinata trailed off quietly as the blonde turned to her.

"Well, she's not responding to anything I say! How else am I supposed to get her attention?"