Did Enslin protect his lover by taking all the blame and in so doing was treated more harshly upon his drumming out of camp? Did Enslin and Pvt. Monhort get together afterwards? Did they change their names and is that why there are no other records of them after Enslin was convicted and dismissed?

There are also some other matters to consider in regards to the charges Enslin was convicted with such as, it may have been illegal, unprofessional or unwittingly endangering his regiment to fraternize with another member of camp. It may also have been seen as Lt. Enslin taking advantage of someone underneath his command.

What is to be noted is that Enslin was not reported or charged with "unprofessional behavior" or "taking advantage of a lesser ranked officer". Yet the army had no qualms in convicting Enslin with "attempted sodomy", dismissing and making a public spectacle out of him.

Was Enslin made an example of to show those left that homosexual behavior and homosexuals were not allowed? What do you think about Enslin? Do you think he was treated fairly? Enslin's case is a controversial topic still today.

It gets people to ask themselves questions and discuss policies the army had in the past and today towards their LGBT recruits and past serving members. It serves as a shocking example of how the army has treated people who are homosexual in the past.

It brings up the issue of whether George Washington was homophobic. Do you think he did not like homosexuals? Do you think he was forced by duty to sentence Enslin in the way that he did? Do you think he knew exactly how Enslin was going to be drummed out?

It gets us to think about how we want people who are homosexual and in the army to be treated. He will forever be remembered and documented as the first homosexual person dismissed from the army.

_______________________________

"It always seemed to me a bit pointless to disapprove of homosexuality. It's like disapproving of rain." -Francis Maude

_______________________________

Written by: Lia_Is_Weird

@Kerry_Belchamber

Guys did you hear about an amazing book call "Cougar Boss"? It's about a college student dealing with a new job and boss except this boss is the wife of a CEO of a huge company. Wow talk about having a lot on your plate. Watch how she deals with working with the wife of an very important CEO and also having a crush on the wife.

I had the awesome opportunity to talk to the author of "Cougar Boss", @Kerry_Belchambers. Here is what she has to say to her amazing readers. When writing she doesn't limits herself to one genre, but she does tend to write about her favorite genre, which is lesbian romantic fiction!

When the amazing idea came to her to write "Cougar Boss" it was a night when she was actually about to fall asleep. Not sure about the idea for the book or how her readers would take it she posted the prologue to see how many people would be interested in knowing where the story would take them.

After some deliberation and some remarks from a great number of followers. The decision was made that her readers needed to know where the story would take them. At this point of the story it developed as she wrote, neither planning or thinking about what to write.

Being that there was very limited books that had lesbian romantic fiction she decided to write in this particular genre so what she writes is what she personally wants to read as she was growing up. Believing she was reaching out to everyone who was like her.

Lots of research is done for "Cougar Boss". Being that her research is endless and that her characters go so deeply into depth. Needing to know everything about anything that relates to her characters because she wants her readers to feel what her characters feel.