Karma: Chapter One

Começar do início

"But we can sleep with them," he pointed out. "Doesn't feel so good, does it?"

No, it didn't. It broke my little heart when I saw them. Is this how Cam felt when he saw me with all the other guys?

"We're not getting back together, Audrey. I'm done with this emotional rollercoaster."

"But it's love-"

"Having your heart ripped out every other day is love? If it is, I don't want to be in love."

"Love isn't some fairytale, Cam. Of course it'll have ups and down, it's apart of life.But isn't it all worth it at the end of the day? Aren't I worth it?" My voice was no longer loud and demanding, no it was a small, scared whimper.

At that moment, I was terrified. I'd never seen Cam this angry before, not even when I accidentally deleted his winning essay for a scholarship. And this time, I knew that he truly didn't want me back. If he ever gave me another chance, I wouldn't cheat on him. It hurt too much, I hurt him too much.

"It's too much, Audrey. I can't take it anymore. You're not worth the tears, the heartache, me blubbering like a girl, you're not worth it."

Seeing him with another girl hurt. Him rejecting me hurt. Hearing it out his mouth and knowing he meant it? It shattered my heart and put tears in my eyes. He was right, like always. I wasn't enough for this perfect boy, and he finally realized it.

"I may not be worth it, but we are," I shouted through tears. "No one can love you the way I can. No one knows you like I do. No one has a love like ours. So don't tell me we're not worth it, because we are. And you'll see that eventually. You'll see Cameron Lee Wright, you'll see. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but you'll see that we were made for each other. Who else is going to put up with your spontaneous nightly visits? Who else is going to eat chili lime popcorn with you, even when no one likes it? Who's going to be there when you cry like a baby when you watch Marley and Me with a box of Kleenex and a king sized Twix? Who's going to make sure that the food you eat doesn't have nuts? Who's going to listen to you drone on and on about Harry Potter? Who's going to make magic with you in the bedroom? Hm? Any other girl isn't going to be able to understand your weird obsession with Pokemon. But I will. You want to know why? Because you just stole my heart and soul out from under me and won't give it back!"

"You want it back? Here." He gripped the air around his heart and shoved it in my face. "Happy?"

"No, I'm not happy. And just because you metaphorically gave it back, doesn't mean you actually did. Why do you have to be so difficult, Cameron? I forgive you for sleeping with the Barbie, it's all forgotten."

"You know what? I don't want your forgiveness or us back. I'm happier now. I can sleep with whoever I please. I don't have to turn away the girls camping out on my doorstep now."

"You don't mean that."

"I do mean it. Now leave. Julia and I were in the middle of something before you rudely interrupted."

Did he just say what I think he said? Julia Pipers has been my worst enemy since the first grade when I stole her crayons. It's pretty clichéd. She's the school cheerleader who's been after my boyfriend from who knows how long. Her legs are spread for everyone, even the nerds with too much acne to count.

"Julia? You're sleeping with Julia? You're just doing it to make me mad," I decided.

"I'm sleeping with her because I like her."

"Liar!" I shrieked. He couldn't like Julia. No one liked Julia.

"Is it so wrong to like someone that isn't you?"

"For you it is!"

"Just leave," Julia sneered. "He doesn't want you anymore. He went on to bigger and better things."

"I don't know about better, but you're definitely bigger," I retorted, eying her fat thighs.

She gasped and made a 'hmmph' noise. "Just get rid of her, Cami. Then we can continue what we were doing..."

Cami? What kind of nickname was that? "You're not going to continue anything."

"Face it, Audrey. You lost, I won."

"You're not right for him."

"And you are? Now come on boyfriend, she'll leave eventually. I don't have her pinned for someone who is an observer...but who knows? Maybe she's kinky like that."

"Boyfriend? You're dating?"

A hint of guilt crossed Cam's face. "I asked her out yesterday."

My heart started to ache even more and my breathing was shallower. Cam stood there with a poker face while Julia had a wide smirk on her face, stating that she was the champion in this game.

"I see..."

"I think you should leave," Cam said quietly, interrupting the tense silence.

I stepped closer to Cam, gazing into his forest green eyes. Our noses barely touched and our breaths mixed together. "You don't mean that," I whispered, so Julia couldn't hear.

He gulped and took a step back. "Yes, I do. We're done, Audrey."

I sighed and gave up. There was no use in trying anymore. I just needed to face the facts that we were done. "If that's what you want..." I trailed, giving him another chance to take me back.

"I'm sure," he stated firmly.

"Okay, bye Cam. See you around."

I left before the tears and what ever dignity I had left fell. I whipped my phone out and dialed the number I didn't think I'd ever have to call.