Let me drive for a while (Calum Hood Fluff)

Summary: Calum and (Y/N) spend a day on the beach with Duke.
Based on "100 Ways to Say I Love You" Prompt #1: "Pull over. Let me drive for a while."
(Request: Chicken_Permission_)  (Words: 1.1k)
--

"Morning." I mumble, burying my face on Calum's chest. He hums hazily, stroking my hair softly.
"Morning princess. How did you sleep?" He asks, his voice groggy and oh, so fucking sexy.
"I fell asleep and woke up next to you, so... pretty well, I guess." I mumble and leave a kiss on his chest. Calum chuckles and wraps his arms around my body tightly; despite the Californian heat, there is nothing else I crave more than his warmth.
"You are so cheesy." He comments, flipping me on my back and hovering above me. I bite my lip, my eyes still not fully open as I try to fix my gaze at him.
"Yeah, but that's one of the reasons you love me." I whisper and he smiles at me, eyes still glistening with sleepiness.
"One of the million reasons." He states and leans down to kiss my neck. I moan a little as his soft lips trace my skin, slowly leading them up to my sweetspot.
"What do you want us to do today, princess?" He asks, his lips yet to part from my neck.
"I don't know. I was thinking we could go to the beach." I suggest and he groans a little.
"It is at least a one-and-a-half-hour drive there, baby." He reasons and I pout.
"I know. But see it as a road trip... We can take Duke with us and we can have some fun at the beach... Please..." I purr, earning a chuckle from my boyfriend.
"I like you begging. Do it again." He says, bringing his face inches away from mine.
"Please... Pretty please... I will even wear that bikini you like... You know, the yellow one with the triangle cups." I hum and he groans in frustration.
"You know my buttons and you are using them against me, huh? How can I say no to those pretty eyes and that gorgeous face..." He replies and I smile.
"You can't..." I smile triumphantly.
"Get up... We have to get ready." He announces and leaves a quick peck on my lips.

"Wanna drive?" Calum asks as he places our bags in the back seat.
"You are going to let me drive your precious car? You? The Calum Thomas Hood we all know and love?" I ask surprised.
"Aww, you love me..." He mocks me and hands me the keys. He picks Duke up and pecks his head.
"Let's go, buddy. Mommy is driving." He coos and climbs inside the car. I smile at myself, my heart warming up at the sound of that phrase.
I climb in the car and put on my seatbelt, turning a bit to pet Duke, who looks me in the eye.
"Let's hope we make it to the beach." Calum murmurs. I give him a light slap on the arm before starting the car.

We make it to the beach after a 2-hour drive. The traffic was almost unbearable, but the spot we chose is almost empty and the view is breathtaking.
"I have to admit, little one. You made the right call to bring us here." Calum comments, draping an arm around my shoulders and leaving a peck on my temple.
"I always make the right call." I smirk and turn my head to peck on his lips. Calum hands Duke to me before he opens the back seat door to take out the bags.
We leave our stuff on the sand and strip off our clothes very quickly, aching for a bit of the cooling down the ocean offers. I leave Duke on the towels along with his toys before running in the water, letting my body cool down. Calum follows right behind me, walking slowly.
"Duke is living his best life..." I comment, peeping at the pup who chews on his toy.
"And his daddy too." He replies, hugging me to his body.
"You are living your best life?" I ask and he hums, nodding.
"The greatest part of my life... I am in heaven." He replies, leaning down to kiss me softly.
I smirk at him and splash some water on him, making him gasp surprised.
"I open my heart at you and you treat me that way, you little bitch..." He groans and splashes some water on me. I squeal and splash him again, giggling at him.

We end up on the towels after a while, my head on his chest as we soak in some sun.
Duke runs to the waves, barking at the water and then back to us. I just stare at the calmness of the water and relax at the touch of my boyfriend.
And without realizing it, I fall asleep on him.

Calum joined me in my slumber, falling asleep with one arm wrapped around my waist and the other petting Duke.
"Cal... Calum, baby... Wake up." I kiss his neck, shaking him lightly. He groans and opens his eyes, mumbling incoherently.
"What time is it?" He asks me and I shrug. We left the phones in the bags on the car." I reply, kissing his lips softly.
"I think it is time to go." I reply and he nods.
"I am starving." He whines and I chuckle.
"We will get something from a drive-thru. Come on." I say and stand up, slipping on my shorts.
"You know, you look really sexy in that tiny bikini and your messy hair." He comments and I side smirk.
"Hold that thought until we get home." I reply and lean in to kiss him.
He moans against my lips and strokes my cheek softly before he bends down and helps me pick up the stuff.

He chose to drive us back home, so I sit on the passenger seat and hold Duke on my lap, stroking his soft fur.
"Stinky boy over here needs a bath." I comment and he hums in reply. I turn to look at him and find him looking tired, yawning, but trying to focus on the road.
"Pull over. Let me drive for a while." I say, pointing to the next exit.
"I am fine, really." He protests.
"I know. I just want to drive for a while." I say and smile at him. He smiles back, stopping the car and leaving a kiss on my temple.
We both exit the car and switch seats, Calum holding Duke as he pets him sleepily.
"Get some sleep baby. I will wake you up when I pull up in In-N-Out." I say, peeking at my drowsy boyfriend with the red cheek from sleeping under the sun.
And before late, he is fast asleep, his head leaning back and his lips parting as he breathes slowly.
I am so in love with this man.