-Chapter 40-

A/n: Changed the whole idea of this chapter last minute because I was struggling to finish it the way I wanted. I'm gonna answer any questions about the book in the comments or in dms so feel free to leave a question. Enjoy the last chapter. Thank you for reading :) xx

Picture this: your boyfriend of well over a year takes you on a trip of a lifetime and constantly hints at proposing but never actually does. That's exactly what happened to me. Disney World was of course, beautiful and an amazing experience, but I spent half the time we were there wondering about when he was going to get down on one knee. In all honesty, I was starting to have doubts about whether Luke was ever going to propose. There was even one night where we went for a fancy meal in the main castle and I was really hoping he was going to propose to me while the fireworks went off, but he never did. I wasn't trying to pressure him, not at all, but he had kind of made a big thing of it and I was so excited for it to happen. You can't blame me for being disappointed. 

"Seriously?" Becky questioned me as I told her all about Luke and I's romantic trip- which was for the most part. She seemed to be just as shocked as me to find out I had come back without a ring on. "I really thought he was going to do it on that trip."

"So did I!" I exclaimed dramatically, sighing and resting my head on the top of the couch. "What if he doesn't propose...ever?" I mumbled sadly. That was the last thing I wanted; I really wanted to marry Luke. He was the love of my life. 

"Don't be stupid, of course, he is." Just as Becky said that, Michael wandered into the room with a beer in his hand. 

"Who will what?" He asked, rudely intruding on our conversation. "Oh- are you talking about Luke?" He asked with a smirk. Michael seemed to almost always catch up on what was happening without anyone needing to say anything. It was kind of creepy. 

"Did he tell you he was going to propose to me?" I asked him with hope in my eyes. 

"Uh, no offense, Gabs, but you do realize you're not supposed to know when your boyfriend is going to propose, right?" He asked me with squinted eyes. I nodded quietly while he took a sip of his beer. I didn't want to spoil the proposal, I just wanted to know when or if it was even going to happen. "Don't worry, okay?" Michael reassured me. That had to mean something- he must have known. 

---

Becky suggested that we all go to the beach one night and have a campfire. It sounded like such an ideal summer activity like it was straight out of a movie. We all agreed and later that day we all got ready to go. Luke and I were going in his car while the others all rode with Ash. I was desperate to bring up the fact that it had been a week since our trip and there was still no proposal, but I didn't want to upset him. "You seem tense. You okay, princess?" He asked me, breaking the silence that we had been sat in for the past five minutes. I nodded silently. "What's wrong?" He asked again, this time placing his hand on my knee and letting it wander to my inner thigh.

"I don't want to freak you out," I hummed, staring out of the window. He moved his hand from my leg abruptly. "I'm not pregnant." Abruptly, I turned to face my boyfriend who had turned completely white. He sighed in relief and placed his hand back on my knee. "Look, I'm not trying to upset you or-" 

Ring. Ring. Ring. 

Luke looked at me with sorry eyes but when the name flashed up on the car monitor, I knew he couldn't just ignore it. It was his manager. I gave him a small smile to show him I approved and he pressed the green call button and suddenly his manager's voice filled the car. 

"Hey, Luke. So, we got a deal for October..."

I drifted out after that. They were talking business and I had absolutely no interest in that. As we drove, the sun began to set in the near distance. The sky grew dark and mysterious and street lights began to light up as we raced past them. Luke was on the phone for a long time, so long that it only ended when we arrived at the beach. I reached over to the door handle, about to get out when Luke gently grabbed my arm. "Hey, did you want to talk to me about something?" He looked concerned and it warmed my heart, but it wasn't that serious and I didn't want to worry him. I glanced out of the window and watched the boys and Becky all pile out of Ashton's car. They began to approach us.