Chapter 29

"Truth or dare." Becky quizzed me as the plastic cola bottle landed on me. I sighed and held up one finger, indicating truth. It had been two days since I lost my voice and I could still barely speak. Whenever I spoke it sounded like nails on a chalkboard. "Okay, what is your favourite thing about a man." She giggled and wiggled her eyebrows like a 13-year-old girl.

I pointed to my cheeks and smiled.

"Cheeks? Smiles?" They began to guess random answers. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head like they were stupid.

"Dimples?" Calum guessed. My eyes widened and I nodded vigorously, pointing my index finger at him excitedly. "Boom!"

Then I pointed to my neck, to my non-existent Adam's apple. They continued to guess random answers that made no sense to what I was pointing at so I leaned over to Luke. I pointed at his Adam's apple. Their puzzled looks made me grow impatient so I rubbed it, which -admittedly- was weird. I could feel it move up and down when he swallowed and it felt weird to my touch.

"Adam's apple!" Ashton yelled over the top of everyone. I clapped my hands together for Ashton, everyone else eventually joining in with me.

"So you like dimples and Adam's apples?" Becky asked me, laughing as she did so. I nodded my head proudly, sitting back in the place I was before. "Does anyone here have those qualities?" She looked at the group expectantly. Ashton, Michael, Calum, and Luke tried to do a smile with dimples and rubbed their necks like I had with Luke. Everyone had mini dimples but Ashton and Luke's were the most prominent. Obviously, they all had Adam's apples but I couldn't help but laugh at them groping at their necks. The laugh led to a splutter which led to a coughing fit. Luke patted me on the back since he was right next to me, his hand tracing circles on my back.

"Thanks." I coughed, trying not to strain my voice. He shook his head at me and placed his index finger on my lips. His eyes bore into mine and I felt like I was paralysed in place. The heat from my breath fanned his finger. An awkward cough made us break apart, shuffling as far away from each other as possible.

Thank god Alfie was still out.

I spun the bottle, hoping it would land on anyone but Luke and I. My prayers were answered as the bottle landed on Michael. He groaned and flung his head back out of frustration.

"I chose truth. I can't be arsed to run around naked or some shit."

"Fine. Big spoon or little spoon?" I asked with a smirk on my face.

"Big spoon, every time." He answered, speaking like it was an obvious answer.

"Really? But your arm goes numb when you're the big spoon. It hurts." Luke argued with him.

"You'll never see me being the small spoon unless I'm crying."

"Yeah, and he's never cried." Calum butted it, laughing with every word. After our fit of laughter, Becky spun the bottle again.

"Ash, truth or dare?" He made a spluttering sound and crossed his arms.

"I'm not a pussy, dare."

"Oh shit, I didn't think of a dare. Anyone got one?" She looked at the group for help. I shook my head because I was always bad at thinking of truths and dares.

"I've got one!" Michael giggled, waving his hand. "Call one of your exes and profess your love for them." I felt Becky tense up next to me, her hand grabbing for my own.

"I'm not doing that!" He exclaimed, shaking his head violently.

"Why not? Come on, one text then." Michael persisted. Becky let go of my hand, inching towards Ash.