Chapter 26

"So you're really over him?" I asked Amy, blowing away the steam from the cup of tea in my hands. 

"I don't really think I ever loved him." 

Amy had answered my text within a few minutes and proposed I came over to her new apartment.  

"It's been a long time since we last spoke, isn't it?" She said, looking guilty.

"Yeah, well you weren't the nicest person to chat to." I laughed.

"Again, I'm so sorry. It wasn't until I met Robert that I realised I was so cruel."

"Wait- who's Robert?" I asked her.

"He's my boyfriend. We live together."

"Oh my god, Amy! That's amazing!" I grinned at my sister, finally feeling a slight sense of joy. "How long have you two been dating?"

"Four months in a week." Her cheeks lit up red and her eyes twinkled. 

"You beat me." 

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I thought I would be engaged by the time you got into a serious relationship."

"Rude," she rolled her eyes at me. "But seriously, you need to forget Luke."

"You know, every person I've talked to has told me to do the same thing but for some reason, I just can't stop thinking about him." 

Amy held out her hand across the wooden table, taking mine. 

"I am the queen of breakups, let me help you." I nodded at her. I must have been desperate if I was seriously going to take Amy's help.

The door behind us opened to reveal two tall men who looked very similar. They both had crystal green eyes and black hair. However, the slightly shorter one had a quiff and the taller one had it slicked back. Amy squealed and bounced out of her seat and over to the men. 

"This is Robert, my boyfriend. Robert, my sister- Gabbie." She motioned to me so I stood up, walking over to them. I shook his hand with a polite smile on my face. "And this is Robert's brother, Alfie." I smiled at him and also shook his hand.

"Hi." I awkwardly said while shuffling my feet.

"Hey." He laughed cooly. 

"Robert, we're all out of ice cream," Amy complained, tugging on his sleeve.

"Does it matter?" He asked with a chuckle. She gave him a warning look and jerked her head towards me and Alfie. I knew what she was trying to do. "Oh, right. We're gonna head to the shops. We won't be long." He winked at Alfie. They rushed out of the door, leaving me and Alfie on our own. 

"You know what they're trying to do, right?" He asked me, walking over to the kitchen.

"Yeah. You know, my sister used to be a bitch, but then she met Robert and she's like a whole new person." 

Alfie held out a glass for me, asking me if I wanted water. I shook my head, picking up the tea I had before. 

"Really? I guess Robert is overly nice to everyone." He shrugged while leaning against a kitchen counter. "Tell me about yourself."

"Well, I am 21- 22 in a couple of weeks. Uh, I'm not that exciting," I said, struggling to find things to tell him. "tell me about you."

"Okay, well I turned 23 last month. I have a brother, obviously, and a younger sister. Our parents are divorced and have been since I was a baby. I just came out of a relationship which is why Robert is trying to set us up." He said, tapping his fingers on the counter as he spoke. 

"Me too!" I exclaimed, overly excited about the fact we were both newly single. "Sorry, that was weird."

"No, I thought it was cute. So what went wrong, with your relationship I mean."

"Well, it's sort of a weird story."

"Come on, let's go sit down so you can tell me about it." He loosely took my hand and led me into the living room. We both placed our drinks on the table in front of the sofa and sat down. 

"So, Amy used to be a player. She would find a new boyfriend every week, so when Luke came along I thought it was the same situation."

"But he was different?" Alfie guessed, looking me in the eyes.

"Right. He was kind and sweet unlike any of the other guys Amy had brought home. Which made me mad because I never get guys like that and she finally got my dream guy. Anyway, Luke and I became good friends and then one night, when my sister and him stayed over at mine, I sort of moaned Luke's name."

"No, you did not!" He began to laugh at me. I felt the heat return to my cheeks and I hid my face behind my hand.

"I did! So in the morning, my sister was mad at me which led to them arguing and inevitably breaking up. I, somehow, started dating him and everything was good." I said, carefully avoiding the kink part of Luke's personality. "And then his band released their album-"

"-Woah, he's in a band?" Alfie looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oh, right. Did I forget to say that?"

"Yeah, like all of it."

"Sorry, I wasn't really thinking about it. See, it didn't really affect me or our relationship so I always forgot that he was partially famous. Every day a couple more thousand people became fans of their music and then..." I began to tear up. Alfie shuffled closer to me, wrapping an arm around me. He smelt like sickly honey and strong lavender, which made me gag slightly. "...then he got the opportunity to go on tour. Of course I didn't want to stop him from fulfilling his dreams but I couldn't do long distance."

"So you were the one that broke up with him. Right?" I nodded.

"I mean, he was so prepared to drop it all for me but I just...I just couldn't. I called him yesterday, 'cause we've been talking a lot more recently, and I heard a voice in the background and then he told me he moved on and that he thought I should too."

"I have no words. My breakup was nowhere near as upsetting as that." I let out a sad laugh before sniffing.

"Tell me about your breakup."

"Well, there isn't much to tell. There was this girl, Stephanie. She was always someone else around everyone else, you know? Like, she was so nice when she was around me and then when we were with our friends she just became a...slut. That's the only word I have to describe her. Anyway, I found out she was screwing my, now, ex-best friend and I was just so mad at her."

"Did you love her?"

"I think I was blinded by her beauty and her unique personality, as weird as that sounds. So, yes. I think I loved her but then again, I feel like I loved the idea of our relationship."

"God, look at us. I'm crying- you're practically speaking poetry. So much for a first meeting."

"At least you told me more about you."

"Yeah, I guess I did." 

I bit my lip and looked around the room to avoid looking into his green ones. Maybe I was done with Luke. Maybe I really had moved on. But a maybe is just a possibilty, and possibilities are endless...

A/N: whew that ending though ;-)

SNAPCHAT: xfanfictsx
hit me up fam.