Chapter 1

"Phoebe?"

  "Yes Freddie"

'Listen darling, when Brian comes home tell him. (Freddie pauses for a second) You know what... never mind dear,  I'll just leave him a note'.

Wondering what all the mystery is about, Phoebe simply asks, "Is everything ok?"

'Oh yes, I just need to run a few errands thats all.' 'By the way, I don't pay you to probe dear. And everything is fine.'

Unabashed by his biting response, Phoebe promptly nods his head and carries on with the rest of his house duties.

Brian and Freddie have been living together for two years now since the divorce became final between Brian and Chrissie. Although it was rough in the beginning with what the messy divorce proceedings and press coverage, Freddie remained steadfast in his love for Brian. He promised to make Brian happy for as long as he lives. That is until a certain band member piqued his curiosity.

It all started with just hanging out partying from time to time like they always did. Brian would never deny Freddie a good time especially when it involves going out with close friends.

Unfortunately, excessive partying and staying out late began to surface as a result of the Works album which hadn't done well in the U.S. at all. In hindsight, retaliation came in the form of poor choices and questionable behavior causing severe consequences.

The Works tour was well underway and proved to be successful across Europe and other prominent countries in the world all except for the United States. It appears that the states were none to happy about a rock band dressing in drag. This set Queen back a bit and caused quite a stir amongst the band members and E.M.I Productions back in London.

"Freddie now don't take it personal." "We all know that their conservative in public and perverts in private." Brian was trying to soften the hard blow to Freddie's ego.

'Well I'm never performing there again!' 'And they can take that and Fuck off with it' Freddie in grand theatrical style sways out of the recording office clearly upset over the negative response from the U.S. It was a total blow to his self-image. He had been performing in the United States for years and they rejected him. He loved the United States, it was like a second home to him and to be cast aside really hurt his pride.

"Honey, come here love." Brian quickly ran out after him to try and calm him down. 'What Bri?' 'I'm fine darling.' 'We're clearly not wanted there any more and that's ok.' "You're mad I can see it in your face Freddie." 'Only for five minutes dear, that's more than enough time for me to recoil.' 'Besides darling, we still have the rest of the world to contend with.' 'This will not deter me Brian.'

Brian leans in close to give his lover a long hug and kiss before they make their way out of the office. They return home to Garden Lodge and carry on with their daily lives as much as possible.