Chapter 5

In the following weeks ahead Freddie makes a concerted effort to forget about what happened on that crazy night with Roger. However, to his dismay its the only thing he thinks about constantly especially since he works so closely with Roger.

After the tour was completed which finished up at Knebworth, the band immediately resumed recording for their next album. It was imperative that they start right away particularly since the Works album did so poorly in the U.S. Nevertheless, the band fully committed themselves to making the next album better than the last one and works countless hours in the studio to get it right this time. There was no room for mistakes which could very well cost them everything they've worked for thus far. Freddie knows the importance of this and works very hard to focus on the task at hand even going as far as ignoring Roger which he hates doing but he feels its necessary to keep their relationship strictly professional. He thinks that Roger will take the hint and forget about that lust filled night that they've embarked on. However, Roger's not taking the hint and doesn't take to kindly to being ignored by Freddie.

One day while in the studio, they were on a break between recording sessions. Roger was tired of being ignored by Freddie and decided to approach him in the sound booth.

"Hey Freddie, can I speak to you alone for a moment please?"

'Sure dear, let me finish this up and I'll be right with you'.

He finally comes outside the booth and addresses Roger properly.

'Come darling, let's talk outside.' 'I can smoke a cigarette while we're out there.'

They casually head outside into the car park area without drawing unnecessary attention to themselves and Freddie lights up his cigarette knowing what Roger's going to ask him.

"Why have you've been avoiding me Freddie?"

'Darling, I'm not avoiding you on purpose if you think that.' 'Besides you already know what this could do to Brian.' 'I'm not sure you realize the gravity of the situation.'

"I know Freddie, I know perfectly well what the situation is." Please don't remind me." "However, I do know you've  enjoyed every second of what happened that night."

'And what makes you think that dear?'

Roger's voice turns dark and low almost a whisper as he stands closer to Freddie.

"You've enjoyed me sucking your cock, you've enjoyed me fucking your brains out until you could barely stand and you've enjoyed me making you scream and begging for me to keep fucking you over and over again until you saw stars." "I think those are all valid reasons for us not to forget, don't you think?"

Freddie places a finger over Roger's lips to shut him up while coyly winking at him seductively.

'Well darling, to be honest with you it's the one thing that I've managed not to forget.' 'Now please keep your voice down' 'And as much as I enjoyed our little encounter, I'm not willing to lose Brian over it.' 'I hope you understand that and try and put this behind you ok?' 'Besides there's somebody out there for you. You just have to be patient that's all darling.'

Roger appears taken aback by Freddie's response, clearly not the response he was hoping for.

"But Freddie......"

Brian suddenly comes outside.

"Is everything ok?" "I've been looking all over the studio for you two."

'Oh everything is fine love.' 'Our lovely Roger was just bringing me up to speed on his love life is all.'

Brian looks over at Roger with a cunning smirk and wraps his arms around Freddie from behind and also kisses his neck passionately.

"Oh right, how's that working out for you Rog.?"

"Well you know same as usual." "I'm still trying to get over the last girl I was with."

"Sorry to hear that mate ." "Hopefully, you'll find happiness like I did." "You just need to be more patient and a bit more clever in who you go out with thats all."

'That's what I've been trying to tell him darling.' 'Patience is a virtue Roger.' 'You just need to look in the right places dear and not always on the road.' 'The road is horrible for finding relationships darling.'

Roger glares at the both of them for their patronizing remarks but remains cool. He'll deal with Freddie later when he's alone and unguarded perhaps when they go out again. He knows Freddie won't turn down a good time. He'll just sit back and wait for the opportunity to present itself which he believes it will. Right now he'll just play along with this little game that Freddie's playing.

"Yeah ok,whatever you say." Roger said that sarcastically still maintaining a relaxed appearance.

Brian continues snogging Freddie right in front of Roger claiming him as if to say hands off. Roger remains cool and slyly looks at Brian in a way to say if you only knew what happened between me and your precious Freddie.

'Right boys, let's get back inside and finish up.' 'We still have an album to finish.'

Freddie secretly winks at Roger before they all head back inside and Roger files that gesture away for future reference.