the yellow rain jacket

We sat at a booth, my hand right next to his on the table. It was so tempting to reach out at hold it tight. "So i'm sorry if its a bit early but can i have your number?" fionn asked, pulling out his phone from his pocket. "Yeah, sure. Its 54398260." i replied. This amazingly hot boy wanted my number! In Fact he had it! "Cool. mines 58970765." i added his contact to my phone. Just as i was writing his name he cried "whoah whoah whoah, hang on a sec" he chuckled. His laugh was so sweet and gentle, i had the urge to kiss him. He gently took my phone from my hands and quickly put an o between the i and n of finn. "Fee-yon?" i said, utterly shocked. "no . it's the irish spelling. Pronounced fin though, kinda like a shark fin." we both burst into laughter, as i put a shark emoji next to his name. Fionn. "Hey, um i know we have only met today but... i like you-not like just as a friend, i like, really like you." it almost seemed as if his everlasting bravery had failed him. His cheeks flushed red and he was obviously embarrassed. Had he really felt this way? "yeah . i really like you too. This may sound cheesy but-" this was going to be so cheesy. "-i think i might even...love you." my cheeks went rosy to match his "im sorry, i shouldnt have-" before i could finish my sentance he... kissed me. Even though i was 16 i'd never been kissed-or had a boyfriend of any sort. His lips were soft and delicate against mine. For the first time ever i found myself at ease, and comfortable. I finally held onto his hand tight, looking deeply into his eyes. i couldnt help but let a grin spread across my face. it reflected onto his. "i love you too." he grinned, eyes twinkling in the dim light of the booth.

We stepped out of the restaurant and the cold winter sky was dark-and wet-and it was raining. "Here," fionn placed his yellow rainjacket over my shoulders, leading him to be soaked in his red jumper in the rain. I tried to let him wear it himself but he insisted. His coat smelt like sunshine and honey, like the person who it belonged to. Fionn was like sunshine on a rainy day and like honey on a sour one. The restaurant was rather far, infact we hadn't noticed as we were so busy talking and getting to know eachother on the way. "Shit!" i cried, as the train timetable told me i had missed the last train for the day, the next would be at 6:00am the next day. I had nowhere to go. It was wet and rainy and-my mum would be so mad if she knew i didnt go home. "What is it?" "the train-next one is at 6:00am tomorrow." i muttered, i almost wanted to scream i didnt know if it was either in anger or upset. "God. um... you can crash at mine tonight, my mum's away until next month, and its friday, not like there's school tomorrow." i thought of how angry my mum would be... but then i saw fionn standing in the rain, soaking wet but so handsome. my rollercoaster of emotion dropped from upset to utterly joyous. "Yeah, sounds great!" i grinned. So did he. I think he really loved me. And i was more than sure, i loved him.