"What did just happen? What is the deal about this island?" I asked, being totally confused and feeling left out. I was sitting in my dads' office, a coffee in my hand. "Camen Island used to be our prison" my dad began to explain "it was a high security facility for the worst of the worst. The location was perfect, strong currents going all around the island, making swimming away impossible. Reaching the island by boat was an unlikely event to happen safely, too many rocks, winds changing all the time, the worst weather conditions and also the current. Warm and freezing cold water mixed right around that island, making everything unpredictable. 

Helicopters can often not reach the island and go back with one tank, the weather only allows experienced pilots to be able to reach it and the island is too small, so only water landing. But those planes can only stay for a few hours maximum, the rough conditions won't allow anything else. So you see, it was THE perfect place to keep any mass murderer, crazy rogue or evil warlock." Dad explained, drinking a sip of his own coffee. "but the negative side to not being able to reach it easily is that it allowed the prisoners to escape the building, kill the guards and take over the island. That was fourteen years ago. The now first in command and I were send there with a well trained and skilled team to regain control over the island. Letting them be on the loose was not a good idea. It was only a matter of time until someone from the outside would manage to transport those who survived back. So we went there, had the perfect plan. We got dropped by an airplane, having a parachute is impossible in the weather, so we had our plane fly real low for us to survive the jump.

We did, but the present warlock managed to ambush the plane and have it crash. We were taken by surprise of the formed group we encountered. One had titled himself Alpha and was ruling the island. We did not know and had prepared for several small groups or individuals. We could not regain control over the island. We fought and lost many of our men. We were about to lose and die right there, but a second plane had come to our rescue. The pilot was no other than the General who is not trapped on that Island, Tamails' father.

His tracking device had shown him the crash from the other plane. He had come to rescue us from that island, but the prisoners were closing in and there was no way to reach that plane and leave without them taking it. We wanted to tell him to leave, to not enable them to gain control over a plane, but we couldn't communicate properly and he disobeyed the orders. I know that his main reason for being so stern back then was the second in command. We had allowed the young girl to join the mission due to her incredible powers.

It might sound irresponsible now, but ... she was one of our asses back then. She still is now, but for other reasons. What many don't know is: most of the rumour about the blood wolf are true. The wolf is vicious and lethal and a blood thirsty being, but the name was not always for that reason. Taemilia has a very strong wolf, her name is Ruby, but now she calls herself Ruby Red. Ruby has always been dominant and larger than any wolf I have ever faced in my life.

Ruby was the reason we took Taemilia on the mission, she was our main source of power. And she indeed was our ass and rescued us, by taking the fight away from the group. She lead them away, fighting with all her might and we could escape.

I do not have to tell you how hard it was to enter that plane and leave that girl behind, but her wolf was very clear that she would make it. And we trusted her so we left. Ruby had always been keen on fighting, but never happy about it. She loved competition, but not killing or even slaughter.

We had no way to contact her, no way to see what was going on. We waited, keeping the coast covered with guards to see if she would somehow manage to get there, but nothing happened. The first in command blamed himself for the mission and Tamail and his father were devastated, but life had to go on. I came back here after that mission, not willing to put my life in danger like that again. I had a son and a wonderful mate who were waiting.