The Newcomers - 14

Start from the beginning

"Due to the other pack being restored as we speak, we need to cover those borders as well, which will be taken care of by squat 1.3.A under the lead of General Curc. He has been informed about the area and possible threats. He will also coordinate the new pack forming" Tae explained to a room full of men from my pack and others unknown to me. The general Curc only nodded before Tae continued: "the new members of this pack have been assessed by the squat today and will be assigned as the Alpha has suggested. The neighbour pack of the pack which was attacked has shown great interest in some of the land and meetings have to be set up to prevent physical conflict between the packs" her voice was stern. So she had worked on all the political difficulties of the changes in her brakes...

Dad had allowed me to attend the meeting, it was informative but my head seemed to blow off by all the information. I spend some time scrutinizing the new arrivals. They had formed perfect lines at the back of the room and had been listening to Tae attentively. Only the blond one stood out for his behaviour. His eyes were glued to Tae, he seemed to be a love struck puppy, hanging on her lips, breathing in her air and every second I looked at him my anger grew. I hated him with my guts, even more than Tayson who had been a pain in the ass all my life. That boy was on my black list and I only invented it for him. Though thinking about it I would also add that Thomas guy and the General Curc. The way he would sometimes lean forward and whisper something in her ear during times of discussions had my blood boiling. I definitely needed to blow off some steam before going to bed.

Boxing was just the thing and I was glad to see the gym empty after the meeting was over. My food had been digested enough for me to exercise and I began warming up with light punches against a hanging bag. My punches increased in power until the sack was violently swinging. "Stupid" punch "idiot" punch "who do they" punch "think they" punch "are". I heard footsteps behind me and wanted to yell at whoever dared to approach me now. "You better..." I started raising my voice turning around to see Tae looking at me. She was dressed in clothes for night shifts, her eyes scrutinizing me attentively. "What has gotten you so upset Alpha?" she asked, creating distance in using the title. I cringed, not wanting her to address me like that. "Just..." I didn't want to lie, but I couldn't exactly tell her.

"It's okay, no need to tell me" she said, seeming more relaxed than I've ever seen her. She strolled over and took hold of the sack opposite me "go" she said. Her eyes were kind and most of my anger had vanished already. I didn't want her to think I was holding back now though. I took fighting stance and began punching again, looking at her and picturing those men. The anger fueled me again and my bandaged fists collided hard with the material. She kept the sack steady, looking at me as I kept punching, doing all combinations I could think of. I wasn't sure if I was glad to wear a shirt this time or if I would have preferred to have her see me sweating without one. I was continuing to just punch, getting into a mindless flow, letting my body act on its own when other images entered my head.

Instead of sweat running down my skin I felt her fingers, saw her look at the traces she took with her fingertips over my upper body. I felt her heat reflecting my own onto my skin. My skin was burning under her touches, a twinkle in her eyes before they glazed over with lust and she pushed me into the lockers, the cold metal striking my back, shocking me. The gasp turned into a heated kiss when she pressed her lips onto mine, her wonderful dark lips were...

I slipped over the material of the sack and fell forward, passing the sack on the other side of where she stood. I landed on the floor, my knees hitting the ground hard. My hands were planted under my shoulders and I stared at the ground. Those images had been so real, I could feel the cold metal, feel her touch, her kiss... My breathing was heavy, my heart racing either from the activity or from imagining what I had. I turned my head to the side to see the sack hanging, dangling slightly. Tae was gone.
I didn't see her again before going into my room, taking a shower and going to bed. I just hoped those nightmares wouldn't haunt me again as I drifted off into the darkness, allowing my sore muscles to relax and restore.

Bright and early at 4.20 a.m. and my alarm woke me from a deep sleep with no dreams. When coming down I didn't see Tae and I wondered if she was in the gym already. Why had she left last night? I walked into the gym and saw her talk to some of those men who had arrived yesterday. The small one was with them and I was wide awake without a single drop of caffeine.
"Right" she called to get all our attention "those men you see before you are squat 1.5.B of the star warrior troops. They will help with training for the next days" she announced and I could physically feel my mood falling to the ground and setting up camp. Why would she have them train us? Was she too good now to waste her time on us? Were we not worth it anymore?

The men had prepared different stations to perfect different techniques when tracking, trapping and putting down a stray wolf. I was almost happy to see the small one act as bait for us. He shifted with his clothes on though they seemed to open only at one side and landed on the ground. Another man picked them up and set them away neatly. His wolf was sandy yellow and small, several feet smaller than mine indicating his low rank I hoped. "We'll start with a warm-up" one of the larger men said "catch him" he pointed to the wolf that was wolf-grinning at us. We hurried to shift, but he waited for us. He seemed excited, jumping from one paw onto the other. He looked at the man when all of us had shifted, he received a nod and off he was.
He's fast Clemens exclaimed as we were racing behind the wolf. He had weaved through the trees on an unknown path quicker than I had anyone ever seen running. He might even be able to outrun Tae in her human form Griffon analysed as he came up on the left. Griffon was a solid runner, but not made for long runs, rather short intervals. I don't care, GET HIM I yelled, annoyed with their admiration for that boy who dared to run into Tae like he had.

We raced after him, losing sight of him several times, tracking him by his scent. He seemed to wait for us here and there, grinning before he shot off again. His behaviour only made my anger boil more, he was mocking us. We ran until well warmed up and then reached the pack house again following his scent. He seemed to slip and slide on the ground while shrinking. My quick wolf eyes saw him shift and jump into his clothes in the process of sliding. He came to a halt and jumped up to stand next to one of the other men at the end of the row. A wide smile was plastered on his face. He's not even panting Jonathan yelled out, exhausted from running. "Don't bother to shift back, we'll continue right away".

We didn't see Tae before breaking for lunch. The men were following us into the living area and the kitchen. All of them refused the prepared chicken and only took vegetables and rice with beans. I knew Tae was not eating that, but didn't think all the men would refuse the food when prepared. They sat down on the largest table, leaving us with the choice of splitting up to sit on two small ones or join them. Jonathan seemed to not even be thinking before sitting down next to the young man with the sandy wolf. "You're so quick" he said once seated "yeah it's the only thing he's good at" another man laughed, instantly gaining my liking. "That's not true and you know it Jason" he said "yeah yeah" that Jason said, grinning at the other man. "I'm Jonathan by the way" "Tamail" he replied, giving Jonathan one of his many grins.

Man, could he do something else but grin? I was planning on whipping that grin off his face in no time. "Everyone has their expertise you know" Tamail said "what's yours Jonathan?" "erm, arrow shooting I guess" Jonathan replied while the rest of us took seats at the table. "That's so cool!" Tamail said, sounding more like a child than anyone else in that troop. "How long have you guys been training for?" Erik asked, looking at them with some sort of admiration. "Depends" Jason said, "some started young like Tamail here, others joined once they were adults. But forming a squat and training with the second in command for the first time was three years ago" he replied. Others joined in on the conversation and I listened while my team was chatting away with them. They didn't seem all that bad when sitting here, acting like normal people. Maybe we could learn from them, improve and then I would kick that Tamails' ass.