The second in command - 1

Zacznij od początku

"Maybe one of your warriors" my dad suggested, almost begging him, how degrading. "One of his warriors will never make enough of an impression to hold of the packs and I doubt he has a warrior strong enough and also good in training our warriors" dad's Beta Phillip said. Daniel furrowed his brows and seemed to be thinking. "I'll be right back" he said and stood up, once again stunning me by his mere height and frame. He walked out of the room and quickly made his way out of hearing distance. It took five minutes for him to come back, five minutes in which the whole group had been still, hope resting in the air. I looked at my father, he was desperate and even pleaded with that man, in front of all his important pack members... I would never do that, I will never submit to anyone but dad and once I'm Alpha I will never submit again! I am stronger than dad, I'm not so weak and I will never rely on anyone's help!!

Daniel came back, he sat down. "I spoke to my second in command" he began, my dad looking at him, almost staring at him "Tae had been training all my warriors for the last six years, has fought in every battle in the last ten years and is my best. One day Tae will take over my position for all I can say Tae is already better than I am" he said, my father's eyes were wide. "Tae?" he asked, as if knowing the name, maybe he did. "Yes and Tae agreed to aid in this matter. As soon as the conference in Europe is over Tae will come here, it will take three weeks. I will talk to you about the preparations" he said to my dad and then he looked directly at me "Tae is not known to be as nice as I am. Warriors going through the training must be fierce and strong to withstand the exhausting process of becoming the best. Do yourself and your team a favour and use this time to prepare, physically and mentally".

He stood up, nodded to the group and left the room "as if he was nice" I muttered, angry to be treated like a child. "Trust me son, Daniel is not nearly as strict as Tae... I guess it is what comes from being brought up by him" he said. My mouth opened in shock "Tae is his son?" I asked, my dad only smiled at me, padded my shoulder and left, obviously to talk to dad about the "preparations". I couldn't help but be curious, so I sneaked out the room and advanced close to my dad's office. "...very kind Daniel" I heard my dad finish a sentence I did not catch the beginning of. "Are you sure you can do without..." "John" the man interrupted. "You are my friend, we fought together and you stood by my side being my second in command for many years" I inhaled, my dad was the second in command? But he is the Alpha of this pack. I had known he was not born an alpha, we had lived among the others for some years, dad fighting in battle and mum raising me, but I always thought he had been in command in battle. He came back so strong and stern, he fought our current alpha at that time, challenging him to rid our pack of his weak leading . "Tae is the best warrior I have, the best trainer, not the kindest, but all the groups turn out to be our elite" Daniel continued. "And I am happy to aid your pack by having Tae stay here for a while." "Is there something you are not telling me?" my dad asked "my friend, I've known you too long for you to be able to keep something from me" he then said in a weirdly soft tone. "Tae is..." the man started "much like me" he then said. "That can't surprise you, you always were the hero for that kid" my dad said in a much lighter tone than the other man.

"Tae thinks mates are just another person holding one back and has given up finding one long ago. Tae said for I did not have one there is no need for it. The job is the whole life and everything to Tae. Born in war and for war as it seems, I have never seen anyone as talented in fighting and war strategy." "You should be proud!" my dad said, walking closer to the part of the room where the other voice came from "it is your legacy, is it not?" he asked. "I don't think war is where happiness is" the man said and I felt myself been pulled between the two Daniels I saw today. The fierce on in the meeting who threw me on the table and humiliated me and the father who was just worried for his son. "I will take good care of the kid, I always have" my dad said and moved even closer to the door, making me flinch and move farther away and then leave the floor just to be sure not to be caught eavesdropping.