9

Chapter 9

''Wake up Sunshine, you don't want to miss our first class that we have together!'' Gale exclaims as he wakes me up.

I scan my surroundings and remember the party we attended last night and everything that happened during the night. When we got back home I told everything to Gale, I meet his eyes to see if he holds any judgment behind those marvelous brown eyes. He meets my gaze and only smiles, I'm so lucky to have him in my life. I honestly don't know what I would have done without him. 

''I thought I'd have some sort of headache or at least be a bit hungover from last night, but I feel fine. I'm not even tired.'' I say in shock picking my phone up to see what time it is. 9.00 am, our class starts in 30 minutes.

''Get your fine ass up and cleanse your face or whatever it is that you do and get ready for class, we don't have much time.'' Gale says while looking through his drawer to find a shirt to match his light blue jeans. 

I put on an average outfit, a pair of skinny jeans and a white knitted sweater. I slip into my vans and put my hair up in a ponytail ready to leave. Whew, I got ready in 15 minutes, that's not bad, given the fact that my skin routine usually takes 20-30 minutes. I don't put much makeup on when I go to school, usually just some foundation and mascara, to hide the imperfections my skin holds. I have always envied Gale's skin, he has never in his entire life, had a pimple or a blackhead. Some people are just that lucky, while some people, people like me, can't even skip a single step in their routine to maintain some sort of balance. 

''Do you want to go job-hunting today after class or tomorrow?'' Gale asks leaning against the brick wall as we wait for the professor. 

''Today would probably be better since we only have this class to attend.'' I say while thinking about all the what if's, hoping we won't have any difficulties with the job applications. 

''Yeah you're right. I just hope we find something near the campus, we don't want to look too far out. Time is money and vise versa.'' Gale says giving me his 'I-just-said-something-smart'-wink. 

The professor shows up and unlocks the door so we can enter. Leave it to Gale to take dibs on the seats in the back. I sit down next to him and try not to laugh when I see the glory smile he has. Gale always loved to sit in the back, obviously, he would keep the tradition going throughout college as well. 

''Hello everyone. I am Miranda Light and I will be your Communication professor! I believe we are past the basic 'breaking the ice'-games, I expect more from all of you now that you are in college. What I want you to do is get up here and tell me your greatest fear. Why is that? Admitting what frightens you the most makes you vulnerable, it puts you in a position where you find trust and comfort in other people, you break the ice, everyone creates a bond.'' 

''You will get 5 minutes to prepare a short speech/presentation about your fears. It's up to you if you want to describe why you fear it so much, how it started et cetera. Your five minutes start now.'' She says as she lifts her attention from the clock to us. 

My greatest fear? Loneliness, I often think of my parents as my biggest role models. Their love is something I have always wanted to achieve in life, to find someone who has the most unconditional love for me. I can't help but to feel sometimes that I'm the only one out here who doesn't have a soulmate. That is my greatest fear, to live a life where I won't feel true love and live all alone with emptiness in my heart. 

One minute left, I don't know if I have the courage to stand up there, in front of so many unknown people and tell something so personal. I turn my attention to Miranda and somehow she has this trusting and glowing aura. Just by looking at her and hearing her talk is making me feel more at ease. I feel I'm going to like her a lot and this class as well. 

''Time is up, everyone, I'm going to randomly select one at a time from this list. You will come up here and start your speech. Okay, Gale Harrison, you are up first.'' She says and nods to the center of the classroom. 

''Fuck.'' Gale mumbles so no one but me can hear and I try to hide my giggles. 

''I'm Gale and I am afraid of fish and crabs and all the living creatures that live in the big blue. It started when I was little and my dad threw me in the ocean to teach me how to swim. I almost had a heart attack by just feeling the seaweed on my feet, then the crabs started pinching me and out of the blue and chaos of me drowning a small fish swam into my mouth and I swallowed it.'' Gale takes a deep breath and frowns as he relives the haunting memory he endured when he was 5 years old. 

''My dad finally came to his senses and jumped in and saved me from all the monsters. He took me back to the city and told me I could have as many ice creams as I would like. After eating 5 ice creams he told me that we were going back to the ocean tomorrow in the morning. So we did and it went better, I learned how to swim. I was in the ocean when a bird flew right at me and made me dive in. I was so stressed I forgot to close my eyes when I dived in, I was face to face with the biggest fish I have ever seen and it swam right at me. I don't remember what happened next, only waking up in a hospital. They said I passed out from fear and almost drowned, but my dad saved me.'' Gale finishes off and everyone claps.

Everyone was really paying attention, not laughing or making rude comments, Miranda was right, this is going to break the ice and no one is going to judge anyone. The class ends in 2 minutes and she hasn't called my name yet, I look around and see a few others who haven't presented their fear either. Next class will probably be part 2 of fears and somehow I'm looking forward to it.

''Okay class, there are still a few of you who haven't broken the ice but you will next time! I hope you had a good time and I can't wait for the next class to get to know all of you. You're free to leave.'' She says with a happy face. 

''There is a grocery store 10 minutes from campus called 'Green, meat & milk' let's start there.'' Gale says as we walk down the corridor. 

''Sounds good.'' I say as I look up and see Carter and Mason walking towards us.

Oh no, I'm not ready to face him and then him humiliating me, again. I feel my nerves get to me and all I want to do is turn around and avoid this confrontation. I'm not scared, I just don't have the energy to do this right now, or ever. I can't believe I'm going to have to endure this for the upcoming years of college.

''Woah, hey there good looking.'' Mason says as he pulls Gale into a hug and a quick kiss.

I glance over to see what Carter is doing only to find him standing there and staring at me. It feels as if I'm naked and he sees right through me, what I'm thinking and feeling. I feel myself getting more uncomfortable by the minute and I need to get away. I take a step and Carter towers me, blocking the way and leaning in.

''Watch where you're going, don't want to hurt that pretty bottom you clearly don't have.'' He whispers into my ear, sending shivers throughout my entire body. 

''Well, clearly Carter you have been checking me out, and bottom I don't have? The drool you have pushing to fall out from your mouth proves my bottom is anything but nonexistent.'' I whisper back in his ears, noticing goosebumps form on his skin.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SAME OLD YOU GUYS; VOTE, COMMENT AND ADD THE BOOK TO YOUR LIBRARY!

Hope you liked this one! 

MUCH MUCH MUCH LOVE,

V&M