12. Déjà vu, pt. 2

"I could love you in secret. 

I could love you in secret, 

But no one can know."

 ◘ ◘ ◘      

"What was that?" Siobhan shot, turning around to look at where I was hiding just as Robin yanked me out of sight.

I didn't get to see what happened next, because I was dragged into a dark, small janitor's closet with Robin in tow.

"Hey!" I protested, trying to wriggle out of his grasp. Immediately, he cupped my mouth with his hand, which was inhumanly cold. We were pressed up against each other uncomfortable, though Robin tried his best to inch away from me, only keeping his hand over my mouth.

Christ, is he a vampire or something?

"Shut up," he whispered, just as footsteps walked past the door. From the small slits on the door, I could make out the unmistakeable white flowy dress Siobhan was wearing.

"Do you think anyone saw us?" I heard her whisper. Yuko sighed, "I don't know."

After a few minutes of holding my breath and trying not to make a sound while simultaneously trying to ignore my rapid beating heart, the two walked out of sight. Instantly, Robin let go of me.

"Oh my god," I breathed, "Oh my god."

"You really shouldn't be eavesdropping," Robin muttered, reaching towards the door to open it. I awkwardly tried to angle my body so that he wouldn't touch me, but I just ended up looking like I had a random seizure. Robin turned the knob and we tumbled out of the closet, the brightly lit hallway blinding me for a second.

"I just happened to walk by," I defended, crossing my arms.

"You almost got caught."

"You startled me!" I yelped, pointing an accusing finger at him. Rolling his eyes, he swatted my finger away.

"What are you doing here, anyway?" he snapped.

"Siobhan insisted I come," I replied. "She said Jonah wouldn't feel comfortable with her traveling alone."

"Rightfully so, too," Robin scoffed. Didn't have to tell me twice. Jonah probably knew about Yuko, and that's why he was so skittish about Siobhan coming to visit.

"How are you friends with Siobhan?" he asked curiously. I glanced at him, and pursed my lips. I would have never been friends with her if not for you, idiot. Because of you I have a legion of angry fangirls after me.

"We met in the bathroom," I murmured, fiddling with my thumbs. He frowned.

"She's not the kind to talk to just any stranger," he stated curiously. The familiar blank expression on his face was replaced by something different. Pure, unadulterated curiosity.

"Well, she was helping me," I sniffed, and he raised an eyebrow.

"With?" he said, beckoning me to elaborate.

"With...with stuff!" I huffed, crossing my arms. Robin narrowed his eyes at me, and gritted his teeth. Just like that, the curiosity disappeared and was replaced by nothing. It frustrated me to no end, that he was able to hide his feelings so well. I, on the other hand, was an open book.

"Whatever," he spat, turning around to walk back to Asher's room. I hurriedly followed behind, afraid of getting lost in the maze of never-ending hallways again.