9. The Art Dome

"It might not be the right time,

I might not be the right one.But there's something about us I want to say,
Cause there's something between us anyway."

   ◘ ◘ ◘         

I said no.

I mean, come on! I hardly knew the guy. I needed more time. So I said no. Despite him being cute and friendly and smiley, I needed to get to know him better.

"No?" Jake repeated lowly, his grin faltering. It seemed like he was the type of boy that never heard the word 'No'. I wouldn't be surprised if he haven't, either. After all, he was the heir to a multi-million dollar chocolate factory. I often forget that like many of the students here at Meilleur, Jake was probably born with a silver spoon in his mouth. No, a 24-carat gold spoon to be exact.

"No," I confirmed, smiling slightly. "If you want me to be your girlfriend, you have to take me out on more dates first."

"Why can't you be my girlfriend first, then I'll take you out on more dates?"

I laughed softly, "Do you really want me to be your girlfriend?"

"I wouldn't have asked if I didn't," he pouted slightly.

"Listen, Jake, I like you. Quite a lot, actually. Hey, wipe that smirk off your face, I'm not done talking yet. But yeah, I need to get to know you better."

"We can get to know each other better, after you become my girlfriend," Jake grumbled, crossing his arms like a stubborn child.

"Why are you so insistent on me being your girlfriend?" I chuckled, staring at him and taking in his appearance. He had dark, brown eyes, and a few freckles strewn across his face. His wavy, messy hair was blonde, but it was a different shade from Robin's. Wait, why are you comparing his hair to Robin Clair's? Bad girl!

"Because, if I let you get away, another boy's certain to come and sweep you off your feet!" Jake exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Bullshit, Jake. I think I repel Meilleurean boys," I said.

"They're just intimidated," Jake explained.

"I am not intimidating!"

"You are, Alex. You're probably one the most attractive girls on campus, you're not afraid to give people a piece of your mind and you pissed the Royals off!" Jake insisted.

"What's so great about pissing the Royals off?" I groaned. Jake's mouth dropped.

"Are you serious, Alex? Those assholes are as emotionless as a wall! To get a reaction out of them, a negative one, too, is bloody legendary!" Jake pointed out.

"I really don't know what is the big deal about them," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Jake just shook his head.

"They're the centre of the system, Alex. Even if you wanted to pretend they don't exist, it's virtually impossible."

"Okay, pause. Rewind. You asking me to be your girlfriend, it's still a no," I said.

"Seriously?" Jake moaned, pouting childishly. I shot him a cheeky grin and nodded.

"Seriously. Though if you want to go on a second date, the offer still stands," I murmured, looking at him through my eyelashes. Jake stared at me, his eyes darkening. I heard him curse under his breath.