realizing the fact that she couldn't handle her thoughts on her own, she attempts to call some of her la friends in hopes to meet up.

adele had been glad to make it to the boys' show, watching brandon in his element as he'd put the most effort possible into his performance.

she'd known brandon didn't have to worry about the fans, considering they'd been cheering for him as loud as ever. "they're so good," olivia o'brien mentions from beside her, and adele felt herself smiling at that.

"they really are," she murmurs, feeling lost in brandon's figure. the two had been able to get into a backstage area to avoid being seen, though adele had felt eyes on them from the crowd.

after a few songs, they'd left the stage to the several other performers that night. adele attempts to find brandon, who'd immediately gone out the back to meet with fans.

she watches from the window with a smile, leaning against the wall. he'd taken his time snapping pictures with each person, as well as engaging in every conversation he possibly could. adele was glad his nerves towards fans had dispersed; they'd always love him.

he squeezes her tight thirty minutes later,
"you should've told me you came." he beams.

"thought i would surprise you," she smiles warmly. "you did amazing tonight, by the way."

he leans in to kiss her, "thank you, baby. wait here while i shower?"

"come with me back to my hotel." she urges. "you can shower there."

they share a knowing look, and he couldn't help the smile that broke out. "if you insist.." he teases, and she narrows her eyes at him.

"adele!" edwin jumps on her with open arms.

"you're sweaty!" she complains, though hugging him anyways.

"you were all over brandon a second ago." austin reminds, and adele reaches over to hug him as well.

"he's different." she shrugs, earning a scoff from all five of them.

"well, in that case, i'm different too." zion insists, wrapping his arms around her and squeezing tightly. she began gasping for air to tease him.

"you two enjoy your night!" edwin wishes as they all part ways. brandon follows adele into her car, where her designated driver had been waiting.

they'd been enjoying each other's company on the ride to the hotel, before brandon leans towards her ear. "i can't believe you came tonight."

she lets out a chuckle, "why is it so hard to believe?"

he shrugs, "i just.. you were quiet today, and uncomfortable. and you built up the courage to come and see me. that means a lot."

their smiles widen simultaneously, and she grabs ahold of his cheek before kissing him deeply. "i'm sorry i was a little quiet today. honestly, i was thinking about scott."

"oh," he says with a frown. "has he said anything?"

"he quit, actually."

brandon lets out a sigh, squeezing her hand. "i'm so sorry, adele."

"i'm gonna head back tomorrow, meet with my label and figure out what to do." she shrugs.

"are you okay?" he asks.

"life goes on..but," she lets out a breath. "i've known him and his family for so long. he was the first one to believe in me from the start. but i'm not gonna lie, he's changed over the years."

"are you gonna talk to him?"

"should i?" she looks at him with a frown. "i don't know, i wasn't planning on it."

"wish him well, or something like that." he suggests. "clear the air, whatever you feel like doing. i think it'll make you feel better."

"you're right." she informs, looking out the window and watching the several buildings they'd passed. "i'll talk to him."