***

"Sorry I'm late. The traffic on the way here was just awful." I blurt out nervously as soon as Taehyung opens the door and lets me in.

"It's fine. You don't need to apologize." He replies dryly, his expression so nonchalant as though he didn't really care why I was late.

This was the first time I had been at Taehyung's place. It was really clean and well-kept, I thought, considering he's a man who's living alone. I expected cardboards from pizza and beer cans to be scattered all around the floor, but it actually looked quite nice.

Taehyung gestured towards me to follow him and led me to a room with dark walls and closed curtains. The light inside was so weak that I had to squint my eyes to adjust them to the darkness. There was only one desk with a leather chair in front of it and two bean-bag chairs right next to the door. Other than that, the room was completely empty.

"Y/N, Yoongi. Yoongi, Y/N." Taehyung announces tonelessly and the leather chair turns around, a young boy dressed all in black with an oversized hoodie and skinny jeans catches my gaze. His eyes had a certain allure to them, looking at me under a black baseball cap, making me feel a little bit uncomfortable. I waved awkwardly at him.

"Nice to meet you."

"Spare me the courtesy, I'm doing this only because Taehyung asked me." Yoongi utters and I shiver at the coldness in his voice.

"He's usually not that rude, but today he's extra grumpy for some reason." Taehyung exhales and leans his back against the dark wall." Don't mind him."

I tried my best not to look affected, but the weird situation and the tension between me and those two people, one of them whom I had never met and the other I had exchanged words on no more than three or four occasions with made me super nervous. I gave Taehyung a weak smile, trying to convey with my eyes how much I appreciated him doing this for me.

Yoongi spins on his chair back and forth, sucking his teeth.

"I already asked Taehyung, but I'll ask you too," he crosses his arms in front of his chest. "This is not some kind of crazy-obsessive-ex-girlfriend stuff, right? I mean, you're not trying to chase and stalk Jungkook or something."

I flinch at the word "ex-girlfriend".

Ouch.

Am I an ex-girlfriend?

"Hyung, drop it, I already explained it to you." Taehyung meddles, playing with the zipper of his hoodie like he was getting impatient. I sighed with relief when he cut in between me and Yoongi.

"M'kay." Yoongi hums, doubt still in his eyes. He turns around towards the computer and quickly types something on the keyboard. "Since my dad is a boring old-man with no interest in breaking the law whatsoever, he couldn't be of much use." Yoongi mutters under his nose and raises his head to look at me, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. "We're gonna have to do this the illegal way."

I swear to God, he winked at me.

I gasp anxiously and repeat the last word he said.

"Illegal?"

Yoongi shrugs and removes his black bangs from falling into his eyes, his expression as casual as if he was doing this every day.

"Yes. Tracking down someone's calls, locations, credit card info... it's not public access, you know. If someone catches you doing that..." The black-haired boy cracked the knuckles of his fingers as if he was a pianist about to play in front of a large crowd. "Good thing your boy here is an experienced hacker." He boasted.