Chapter 29 - Guilt and pleasures

That Monday morning, I woke up from my alarm clock. It ran in my ears. I go up, and shut it off. It was a cloudy day. I could see it drizzle outside. I got up from my bed and headed into the bathroom.

Jeff walked me to school that morning.

"So, have you heard of Rodney and the other's?" I asked. He shrugged. "Saw the police there yesterday, and the news stand talking about it. He said.

I could hear people talking about Rodney. Mostly about how they feel so sorry for him. I could hear the jocks finally talking something really nice about him. Like how innocent and kind he was. Inside, I felt terrible. I felt like the bad person. To be honest, he was actually innocent. He was went a little too desperate. I felt like the bad person. That guilty feeling in me, began to rise higher as I heard more about him.

"Hey, didn't that kid Rodney got killed?" asked Billy. Silver nodded. "Yea. Like on Friday night or something" said Silver. Blade sighed. We were silent. "Poor kid" I mumbled. Everyone nodded. I remembered that night where I slit his throat open.

I couldn't eat my sandwich and the apple that lunch. The thought of him stayed in my head. I wished I could let him live. But he probably would've showed the pictures of me and Jeff to everyone. That didn't seem to matter anymore, since he was dead.

It poured outside. I looked out the classroom windows,silently grasping the pen in my hands. I stared out thinking about Jeff. The rain seemed to remind me of him. The classroom was dark. Everyone was silent, sitting down, as they copied the notes on the board. I could feel a chill run down my back. Goosebumps formed in my skin. Later, it disappeared.

The bell had rung. I silently grabbed my books and my binder. Soon enough, I heard my pencil fall off the desk. I bent down and reached for it. Suddenly, a shoe stepped on it. I looked up and saw a girl looking down at me. She smiled. Her dark brown hair hung down and back. Her side bangs swept from her forehead.

"Hey goth girly" she giggled. She kicked my pencil under the heater. I rolled my eyes and stood up, gathering my books. I just didn't feel like putting up with annoying girls right now. She then stomped her hand on my binder. OK, I defiantly was not in the mood for this! I was already busy drowning in my guilt. "Leave me alone" I grumbled. I tried to move aside, but she blocked my way, laughing.

People like her made me sick. No one was acting like an immature little brat today. Why her? "Leave you alone you ....path..." I then stopped her from completing her sentence. "Pathetic..? Why would I be? I have sympathy. Look you fool, a kid from our school died. Show some respect, and act mature for once" I said. My voice began to rise up higher. "And look whose acting pathetic?" I pushed her out of my way, leaving her silent in the dark classroom.

The rain seemed to soak me up. I walked silently by myself. I had told Billy and Annabel that I would have to go home early for some fake reason. It's just because that I want to be by myself. Annabel mentioned that I wasn't being myself today. So did Billy.

I blow dried my hair that night, after a shower. I was in my pajamas, ready for bed. I sat down on my laptop, and went on facebook. After I logged in, I saw a everyone's statuses from my school saying, RIP Rodney. I looked down and saw a popular like page. It wrote "Rest In Peace Rodney O'Brian" I sighed and decided to like the page. Even though it won't do anything, I just wanted to show myself about my sympathy for the kid. Rodney did not seem to have a facebook account. I went to that page and looked at it. People were constantly saying goodbye and rest in pest.

I shut the laptop and layed there in bed.

Sometimes the things you do for pleasures will end up being a guilty thing to do.