Chapter 23 - The killer in me

"Hey emo freak" said a cruel voice. I looked up and saw a bunch a girls giggling. I rolled my eyes and continued to work on my classwork. "Get back to work Brittany, Sarah, and Mia!" I heard the teacher yell. I smiled and continued my day.

At lunch I sat down with Blade. We talked as Silver came along. "Hey, where is Annabel and Billy?" I asked. Lunch had stared 10 minutes ago and everyone was here. Blade shrugged. "Probably making out in some corner" he said.

"Amy is right. Where is Annabel and Billy. Haven't seen her in the past couple classes." Silver said. "Skipping classes probably" Blade said. "Ooh, such bad asses" I said. I rolled my eyes. "Crazy ass couple" Silver added. Blade giggled. "Finally our good girl had grown up" Said Blade. I shook my head. "Annabel....Bad?" I said confused. Silver nodded. Blade laughed. "Clean as an angel" said Silver. "Dude, the chick would feel bad right after she would curse" he said. I laughed. "I heard sayings like...Don't let a guy change you" I said. "Oh god. A rebel" Silver joked.

"Hey Billy, where have you been at lunch?" I asked him. He shrugged."Oh, come on" I begged. He rolled his eyes. "Behind the school"he seemed to whisper. I shrugged. "Not bad" I said. We walked own the hallway. "Oh, I have some things to at home. I'll see you tomorrow" I said.

Me and Jeff ran through the woods chasing each other. To be honest, it was kind of fun. Like how in movies, the people would run from a creature. It was like it.

As I ran, I felt hands grab around me. I laughed as I fell to the ground as he held me, pretending to kill me. He chuckled. "Grrr! I got you" he said. We laughed as He lets go and we both lay down. I stare up at the sky with him. Later we both stand up and continue walking.

"Amy" he said. I looked at him. "Yes" I said. He sighed. "Have you....ever....killed someone?" he asked. I gave him a stare. "No...never actually" I replied. "But, I always wanted to" I said. It was true. I always did. People who I hated. He nodded. "Well why don't you?" he asked. I thought for a moment. Somehow, it felt odd of how I haven't killed anyone yet. In the past, of how I was made fun of. Beaten up. Tortured. "I...don't know" I whispered. He looked at me. "I'll come to your house tonight" he said. I was near home.

Jeff and I hugged, and watched him leave.

That night, I just finished my homework. I put my papers away. I had then heard a knock on my window. I looked up, and saw Jeff. I opened it.

I ran into the woods with him.

We stopped in front of this house. I looked up and saw some people in there. Jeff looked at me. "Do you want to....?" he asked. I shrugged. Then I began to realize what he was up to. "Wait" I said stopping him."Are you going to kill someone?" I asked. "Oh no. You are" he said. It shocked me. I began to studder. "Whoa..what? I......." I said. He nodded and came down and held my hand. "These people up there are the ones who caused your dad to end up in that hospital" he said. "Wait..how did you know?" I asked. "I saw it. Now come on" he said as he handed me his knife.

OK. Well tonight was the first time I would ever take a life away from some living human. I was nervous, but I had to do it. Those men injured my dad and now they are having some party! Like What the fu.... I followed Jeff as he lead to to the secret entrance of the house.

I hid in the closet. Jeff had instructed me on what exactly to do and who to kill. I peeked out and saw the driver. He had a small beard and black hair. I clenched the knife in my hand. I felt the blade cut my skin of my hand. "Sweet, sweet revenge" I whispered.

"I'll bring the beer!" the man had yelled. I watched him go into the basement. It was time. I quickly tiptoed out of the closet, and went down the stairs. I shut the basement door and took out my bandanna. I felt my heart race. Something seemed to pull me back. But I continued forward.

I watched the man walk over to the box of beer. I suddenly came out into the open. I neer felt so revealing. I ran toward the man and quickly hid behind some boxes. The man had turned around. He heard my footsteps. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. It was time. Too late to turn back. I saw the man bend down to reach the box.

Without thinking, I ran to him and dug the knife deep down his back. He fell to the ground in pain. before he could yell I quickly put the bandanna over his mouth and pressed it in. He struggled. Too late to turn back. I took the knife and held it against his neck.

"Wh...wha...." he seemed to studder his words. "What...do you...want?" he whispered coughing over his blood. "You injured my father in the car accident. Then left without an apology" I whispered to his ear. He shook his head. "B...But....I......I'm...so...ss..sorry" he said. "Too late" I whispered. I sliced his throat, and watched him fall to the ground. Blood gushed out from him. He shook in fear of me.

I wanted to do it. End him. He was in terrible pain. Poor guy. I felt sorry for him. Just escaping the problems he made. Living in guilt. He can't live a normal happy life. I shook my head and held up the knife. Tonight I will end his pain.

I dug the knife deep into his chest. Blood poured from his mouth and trickled down his stomach. I began to cut down from his chest to his stomach. I stood up, and watched him die.

Jeff had grabbed my arm and he took me out of this house as fast as possible. We both headed out back into the woods, as if nothing had happened.

As we ran, I realized what I had become.

I was a murderer.