"What?" I asked confused.

"You smell awful," she giggled.

Guess I didn't think about that.. I blushed a little bit before laughing it off.

"Aw you're embarassed!" she said, cupping my cheeks.

"No I'm not," I lied.

"It's adorable," she said in a baby-voice, giving me a kiss on the nose.

My heart fluttered a bit when she said that. I stared at her with a seemingly annoyed facial expression when in fact I was ecstatic that she said I was adorable.

I let go of her and took a deep breath before diving under. I swam beneath her and placed my left shoulder beneath her thighs. I kicked off the ground and shot upwards with her butt resting on my shoulder. I surface and shook my head and blinked my eyes repeatedly before opening them fully. She was laughing and trying desperately to keep her balance.

"Man Alexis cut down down on the sweets would you?" I joked.

"Hey!" she said slapping the back of my head playfully. "I'm not that heavy,".

"Fine, your ass is heavy," I commented.

She didn't reply at first but just looked down at the water with a sad expression. Was this a touchy subject for her?

We heard footsteps approaching and I accidentally turned to quickly which caused Alexis to fall backwards off my shoulder. Travis emerged from the side of Alexis's house carrying some sort of clear plastic container.

"Oh hey man," said Travis looking surprised. "Where's Alexis?".

Before I could answer, Alexis emerged from the water coughing out water and moving her hair out of her face.

"Anthony why'd you drop me!" she said turning to me.

"I heard him," I said nodding my head in Travis's direction. She looked over to Travis and flashed a perfect smile.

"Oh, hey!" she said.

"Hey Alexis," said Travis.

"What are you here for?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Oh I uh.." he quickly shoved the plastic container behind him into a bush. "Just wanted to see how you're doing I guess,".

"Oh that's nice of you," she said, totally oblivious to the box.

"Sooo not nice. You interrupted a very fun moment," I said jokingly, pulling Alexis close and placing a slobbery kiss on her cheek. She placed her hands on my chest and lightly pushed.

"Ewww Anthony," she said, scrunching up her cute nose.

I smiled and Travis cleared his throat.

"Oh alright then..I guess I'll go," murmured Travis sounding quite distraught.

"No you can stay!" suggested Alexis. "Right Anthony?". She turned to me for confirmation.

"Sure thing man," I said, although I was slightly reluctant.

Travis shrugged and took off his shirt, revealing his six-pack. Not as good as mine, but still decent. I saw Alexis's eyes roam his chest and I felt a feeling I hadn't felt in a while; jealousy.

Travis dove into the pool, splashing us in the process. 

"Pool party!" he shouted when he surfaced. 

Alexis laughed and splashed some water on him. 

"Yo guys I'm going to the bathroom real quick," I said, excusing myself. 

"Alright man," replied Travis, his eyes never leaving Alexis. 

"Be back soon!" Alexis waved. 

I got up and made my way towards the door. I looked behind me and saw Travis and Alexis in the midst of a splashing war, so I quickly snatched the plastic box from the bushes and slid inside. I leaned against the kitchen counter as I opened it up and saw a silver necklace with the letter "A" dangling from it. I held it in my hands and pondered why the hell Travis was giving this to Alexis.

She was my (fake) girlfriend! He can't just go around giving her expensive gifts... 

"What are you doing?" 

I looked up and saw Travis. 

"I think the question is, what are you doing?" I asked, dangling the necklace in my hand. 

"Why do you care?" he said, taking a step forward trying to take the necklace from me. I clutched it tighter and brought it to my chest so he couldn't get it. 

"She's my girlfriend!" I snapped. 

"She's your fake girlfriend," he retorted. 

"So? You having feelings for her will cause issues," I pointed out. 

 He scowled, "You can just tell people at school that you gave it to her if that's what you're worried about,".

Actually, that wasn't what I was worried about. I was worried that Travis was going to steal Alexis from me but I guess he didn't know that..

"Whatever," I said, throwing the necklace at him. 

I stomped outside where Alexis was wadding in the pool. 

"Hey," she smiled. "Have fun?" 

"What? Oh yeah, you have nice soap in your bathroom,". 

"Haha thanks?" she chuckled. 

"Well listen I need to get back home and do some stuff," I lied. 

She looked almost disappointed for a moment. 

 "Oh?" she finally said. 

"See you tomorrow," I waved. 

"You have lacrosse try outs tomorrow right?" she said. 

"Yup. Right after school on the turf fields," I informed her. 

"I'll be there," she winked. 

I gave her a toothy grin and made my way back to my yard and into my house.